Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where Does The Air Go?
Where Does The Air Go?
Using a Dream Station with a Resmed AirFit F10, I'm trying to figure out where the exhaust air goes. I'm a certified diver and have used high altitude oxygen masks for many years and just can't make sense of this setup. Very little air leaks from the quick connect elbow and the rest of the mask is well sealed. No air is blowing out the mask. Is a percentage of the air recycled with every breath?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where Does The Air Go?
(02-28-2016, 07:51 PM)Zeeez Wrote: Using a Dream Station with a Resmed AirFit F10, I'm trying to figure out where the exhaust air goes.

[Image: ohnetitel.png]

Hermann

Post Reply Post Reply
All right Herman! Y'know, when I put my hand up there it doesn't seem like that much air around the quick connect. Maybe I was used to the Quatro FX blasting out air and my wife piling up pillows in the middle to stop the wind.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a new mask 2 years ago. A weinmann joyce easy.
This mask was very quiet and I also could´t find where the outflow valve was.
Mask development is getting better every day.
I got my first mask 10 years ago.
Since then sleep apnoe became a growing market and I was surprised by the amont of different masks available today.

Hermann
Post Reply Post Reply
Hermann, Yes. The technology is amazing and changing fast. I recently tried several before choosing this one. It is a huge improvement over my previous mask. I really like the way that the gel is pert of the mask and can not be removed. Also, the mask has a quick connect so that the mask can disconnect from the hose and stay on for a bathroom trip.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.