Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Illuminated Screen
RE: Illuminated Screen
Somewhat of a captive audience.
The majority of their clientele is through insurance companies, who are under contract with a particular DME or company.
The only machine that Kaiser offers in my area is the A10, and they move a LOT of them.

When I went for my orientation class, the corner of the classroom had a pile of probably 30 units that had been exchanged because they had gone bad in a short time. Doc said that ResMed was very happy to have their contract and didn't mess around if we had problems.

Unfortunately, they contracted with Apria for consumables.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have Kaiser, too. Do you have problems with Apria? They were awesome when my dad was in hospice care. That was before Kaiser acquired Group Health Co-op up here in western Washington.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 09:51 PM)paulag1955 Wrote: I have Kaiser, too. Do you have problems with Apria? They were awesome when my dad was in hospice care. That was before Kaiser acquired Group Health Co-op up here in western Washington.

FWIW I am direct connected to Apria, as in no Kaiser. Local level is reasonably good around Hagerstown, MD. Just throwing out my two cents.

Wouldn't it be a big fail if the light stayed on long enough to disrupt sleep and skew AHI numbers?

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2017, 09:51 PM)paulag1955 Wrote: I have Kaiser, too. Do you have problems with Apria? They were awesome when my dad was in hospice care. That was before Kaiser acquired Group Health Co-op up here in western Washington.

They are a pain in the butt.
Kaiser provides a schedule for parts replacement...  some parts monthly, some 3 months, some 6 months.
Apria wants to put us on a 3-month schedule...  but even though Kaiser specifies "Kit" every 3 months, Apria will only send out the head strap (the only part of the P10 that WON'T last more than 3 months) every 6 months, calling it "headgear".  Kaiser also has us on 30 days for the P10 pillows, which is fine, but Apria ships 2 per month.   Apparently Kaiser has been paying them, as we've not gotten a bill for them, but it's a concern.

They won't ship USPS, and require a signature.
That doesn't work when I'm at work and my wife is not home (or out of town).
We have parcel lockers that the USPS can use... it would be super simple if they would ship that way.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 503 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,457 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,200 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off? player 5 4,922 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Does AirMini app have a histogram screen? tfield98 5 1,102 11-15-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Brentjackson
  Why is my screen stuck in therapy mode? BobbieM 0 654 08-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  From where is the AS10 screen sleep data derived? Doctor 6 843 04-06-2022, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Doctor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.