Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Imagine! A truly minimalist chinstrap?
Imagine! A truly minimalist chinstrap?
When I bought my supplies, I got an extra headgear for my P 10 and one dayI got to thinking. What if I adjusted it to fit my head and sewed the headgear together so I could put it on upside down and wear it as a chinstrap.
I tried it and it has worked very well for me for the last several nights. So far to date, it's the best chinstrap I have used, COOL.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Imagine! A truly minimalist chinstrap?
Well done, Trish

Necessity is the mother of invention
Post Reply Post Reply
So you have the "stock" head gear with the new chin portion added or you just cut it before the split and then flipped it over?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2014, 06:25 PM)jctampa Wrote: So you have the "stock" head gear with the new chin portion added or you just cut it before the split and then flipped it over?
Hi jctampa,
No, I just overlaped and sewed the two ends that go over the mask and used the split portion under my chin.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the whole concept. I could use a chin strap but I didn't like the added burden of dealing with them. I'm thinking I could make this work. Of course I would have the issue of mussing my beard.
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the chinstraps I have tried have either been too thick or it felt like I had so much on my face, it was the thing I had the most trouble with in this therapy, but I can make this work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, truly minimalist chin straps do not work for me. I awake the next morning with the chin strap hanging loosely from my headgear both top and bottom. I have tried a number of them with the same result.

The chin strap that I like is the Philips Respironics Premium chin strap. It stays in place and continues to be useful all night long. I also tried a Supplier knock off of the PR chin strap but they made a small change that made it useless to me. I have not used a chin strap that often but when I do the PR chin strap works best for me.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish,

I tried this last night but had to remove as it pulled the pillows away from my nose. Can you send me a picture or drawing of yours?

"JC"
"Duke" Wayne
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2014, 12:40 PM)jctampa Wrote: Trish,

I tried this last night but had to remove as it pulled the pillows away from my nose. Can you send me a picture or drawing of yours?

"JC"

Hi jctampa,

I'm gonna try to attach this picture I had taken by a friend of mine that has a cell phone that has a camera on it, as most modern phones do.  I normally don't take pictures because I'm blind and if I did, the focus would surely be way off, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)  My husband and  I went up to one of our favorite eating holes and had it taken there.

Please let me know if this works.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It is upside down and backwards.

Just kidding! It is good to see what you were describing.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question ChinStrap & Data tblaster 2 403 11-28-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap slowe 9 879 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [CPAP] AirTouch F20 troubles - nose pillows better? but I snore..chinstrap? Lilaq88 5 853 07-26-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Unique Cpap chinstrap Ctyankee 1 649 03-31-2022, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Chinstrap recommendations? djhvyc 6 2,001 02-14-2021, 10:56 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  "Minimalist" Approach to ASV VisitorX 18 2,033 02-11-2020, 08:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Bit of a battle with the chinstrap, P10 itch Bassline 9 1,990 07-05-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.