Impact of one night without CPAP
TiredToo Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F10 (also have a Simplus, Eson and P10)
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Started CPAP Feb 9th, 2015. Suffered for way too many years prior.

Sex: Male

RE: Impact of one night without CPAP
I've only been on CPAP for a few months and have not missed one single bed time without it. Unfortunately I have had a few occasions where I knocked the mask off (nasal pillows) or had problems sleeping and got up only to go back to bed and apparently fall asleep before putting the mask back on. I definitely notice a difference with CPAP but I am still pretty tired on many days and my memory and concentration still aren't where I'd like them to be but I hope that with time it will improve.
05-13-2015 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
wxmcpo Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Heated (attached to machine)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Looking forward to a good night's sleep

(05-13-2015 08:23 AM)OpalRose Wrote:  wxmcpo,
I think it's time you downloaded the SleepyHead software and start to track your therapy. It takes time to get used to a mask. Maby the one you are using does not fit you properly. Your mask should be comfortable without being too tight and allow you to sleep on your side or roll over without too many issues.
Your pressure settings may need adjusted, but without using software, it's hard to know what is going on.

It would be a good idea if you haven't done so already, is to start your own thread on this subject, as you would get a lot more attention and responses to your issue. Good luck.

I actually did start my own thread (Intro & Questions). I have also downloaded and use Sleepyhead to track my therapy, but am still really learning how to interpret the information. If I were to post something to the forum from the program what information would you need to give me an idea of what I should be doing differently? Thanks
05-14-2015 03:27 AM
Tony Brown Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto-Set
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed SX556-0204
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(05-11-2015 08:44 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote:  [quote='OMyMyOHellYes' pid='112801' dateline='1431258525']
The impact of one night without CPAP?

One of the problems of "not feeling crappy" is that feeling crappy is a good motivator to get therapy and to stay on it.

I never felt bad at all, which is why I don't feel any better now. It is also why I avoided the therapy for so long.

I don't know Unsure before I started this therapy I never had headaches,dry throat,general tired all over feeling and a couple of other things and sometimes I wonder if it's worth the trouble Thinking-about
09-14-2015 07:25 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
kally Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: unsure
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
I generally feel better, but I had a night where I fell asleep before I could turn on the machine. I felt just fine the next day, but if the days went on like that I think I would feel it. I am very tempted to skip it for camping a few days as I don't have a battery and just blew the budget on the cpap machine. I suppose that is inadvisable?
09-14-2015 09:12 PM
Dafod Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or PR1 560
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed P10, Amara View
Humidifier: Yes
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Recently I tried an oral device for travelling and just a bit of independance from the blower. I lasted 3 nights and it was a disaster. As a back story I felt the difference after probably the second night using cpap - no headache; fuzz; and heaps more energy. When I tried the failed oral device on the first day I was just tired; on the second day I was tired with a slight headache; and by the third I was a wreck with a migraine and exhaustion. Even though I have moderate apnea the oral device did nothing for me (bummer!). But as other have said, I had forgotten how I used to feel and if anything it seemed much worse than before (not sure why). For some reason I now am sensitive I think.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 12:15 AM by Dafod.)
09-15-2015 12:14 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finished my first CPAP night rjbbjr 6 350 11-10-2016 04:14 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  1 night off of cpap.....feel great! duece12345 6 533 10-31-2016 08:55 AM
Last Post: robysue
  Dizziness After A Night On Cpap? harmon k 9 475 10-24-2016 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AHI 15.91 on first full night of CPAP wayne99 11 667 10-04-2016 09:23 AM
Last Post: wayne99
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,338 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  Impact on removing mask rich2905 6 386 08-28-2016 08:27 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  [CPAP] Waking up in the middle of the night since cpap susilosaja 33 1,909 07-15-2016 10:39 PM
Last Post: susilosaja