Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Implant Gardens
Implant Gardens
Apparently more than one implant relating to sleep apnea is available (or being tested) in the United States, and/or the rest of the world.

Three I've read about are:
- the aura600 system
- "Inspire"
- the upper airway stimulation (UAS) device Link Removed

Questions:
- Is the whole "implant" approach new or has it been around for a while?
- Are each of the implant approaches essentially variations on the same theme?
- Can this post start a list of various implant approaches (complete with Internet reference)
- Has anyone had any experience with any sort of implant device related to sleep apnea?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Implant Gardens
Quote:Can this post start a list of various implant approaches (complete with Internet reference)

Please be mindful of our commercial links policy which can be found here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid104423
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a forum thread discussing the Inspire device

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...timulation
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
DeeoBreathing:
I never intended to promote or market any product, and I'm sorry if it appears I have. I just figured that people on this forum might know of ways--other than xPAP--one might approach sleep apnea. I'll be happy to retract the "url" request.

sonicboom
Thanks for the reference. Since the post date is relatively recent, I imagine it's fairly completely covers the field of non-PAP approaches.

Are there any differences between the ways the American medical community and the European community approaches Sleep Apnea? (Some of the implants undergoing testing seem to 'have been used in Europe' for a while)

(oops, have to update my equipment [BiPAP ASV, nasal pillows/nasal, Sleepyhead] 'Tis been a while since I visited.)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2015, 05:31 PM)AfibApnea Wrote: DeeoBreathing:
I never intended to promote or market any product, and I'm sorry if it appears I have.

It's not the fact that you recommend a product or mentioned it that violated the rules. It was posting a direct commercial link in a forum post that violated the rule. All members were supposed to read the policy prior to joining the forum. You can re-read the link DeepBreathing posted (Commercial Link Policy) which explains why we have that rule.

Hope this helps.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire Implant : My Journey Malloc 42 15,295 10-24-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Mobility after Inspire Implant Marv8776 3 1,029 09-13-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Latera implant - life changing bugattisleep 0 707 07-22-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: bugattisleep
  Does anyone have that Inspire device implant? MyronH 13 5,944 09-23-2021, 08:29 AM
Last Post: BabbetteInTheSouth
Exclaimation [Equipment] Doctor stated BCBS(insurance) will start covering Inspire Implant next month.... Defi NashTrat 9 2,029 01-06-2020, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Osiris357
  [Treatment] New Implant Device for OSA in Trials FYI Gideon 1 968 10-19-2019, 09:40 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  cpap after zygomatic implant surgery paulie1761 3 1,077 10-31-2018, 09:05 AM
Last Post: paulie1761

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.