Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Implant [vagus nerve and dental/oral]
Implant [vagus nerve and dental/oral]
Has anyone known someone or received the chest implant that stimulates the nerves in your throat and mouth to keep the airway open? My sleep doc said it costs around $25k. He heard of a patient that accidentally pulled the cables out. Not sure how that happens. Personally, I don't want anything in my body controlling my muscles unless absolutely necessary. I do wonder about dental implants. In my office building there is a sleep apnea dentist across the hall from me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Implant
I think you are referring to the Inspire Implant. I would hope that no insurance pays for this unless the patient has tried every other alternative.

Dental implants sometimes do work but they often cause TMJ. Treatment for TMJ is frequently not covered by health insurance. Basically, you trade one health condition for another which is more costly and painful in the long run.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Which Dental Appliance is the Best? faith 1 85 07-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Understanding sp02 levels and ahi with dental device blethered 13 494 06-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ajack
Exclaimation [Equipment] Doctor stated BCBS(insurance) will start covering Inspire Implant next month.... Defi NashTrat 1 253 05-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  Trying a Oral Appliance Mikeintokyo 3 261 02-24-2019, 02:02 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  [CPAP] When to consider switch from CPAP to Oral Appliance SnoreFreeIWish 15 678 02-24-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SnoreFreeIWish
  Are Sleep Apnea oral appliances & sleep apnea mouth pieces underrated? BC3B 30 1,753 01-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Last Post: SleepFoo
  Anyone use oral appliance with CPAP ? DS123 5 367 01-14-2019, 05:16 PM
Last Post: harre

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.