Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR crash [unable to open profiles] [solution in post #11]
RE: OSCAR crash [unable to open profiles]
(11-21-2020, 03:52 PM)pholynyk Wrote: The debug information says you are using Legacy Graphics, but I suspect your machine is new enough to use the OpenGL version. This can be set in Preferences, in the General tab. The default is Desktop OpenGL, which should work on modern PCs.

Mind you, I'm not an expert with Windows PCs...

OK, after much fussing with this, I changed the Legacy Graphics to Desktop Open GL.  I had to rebuild all the data in the profiles, but everything is back up and running as normal.  

I suspect that the recent Windows update somehow changed the setting from Open GL to Legacy Graphics, but not sure.  

Thanks pholynyk , Guy and sheepless for your input and help.  Next step will be watching those Windows updates. I'm usually not aware of them until after it's been done.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2020, 05:52 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Both the attachment and the zip file were in your posts earlier... Somebody must have edited them away...

Perhaps the little chunk I posted will be enough... if not, I do have the zip file OpalRose posted originally.

Sorry, reposted here in case you wanted to look at it.  Thanks again!

00000: Debug: Started logging thread
00000: Debug: OSCAR starting Sun Nov 22 09:07:46 2020
00000: Debug: APP-NAME: "OSCAR"
00000: Debug: APP-PATH: "C:/Program Files/OSCAR"
00000: Debug: Trying "C:/Program Files/OSCAR/Translations/oscar_qt_fr.qm"
00000: Debug: APP-RESOURCES: "C:/Program Files/OSCAR"
00000: Debug: OSCAR 1.2.0+6d9f544a (winnt x86_64)
00000: Debug: Built with Qt 5.12.9 on Oct 13 2020 11:01:21
00000: Debug: system locale date format "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy"
00000: Debug: shortened date format "ddd MMM d yyyy" dayFirst false
00000: Debug: number of built-in *.qm files 0
00000: Debug: Inbuilt Translations: en_US
00000: Debug: number of external *.qm files 48
00000: Debug: Number of external translations is 26
00000: Debug: Extra Translations: af, ar, bg, da, de, el, en_UK, es, es_MX, fi, fr, he, hu, it, ko, nl, no, ph, pl, pt, pt_BR, ro, sv, th, tr, zh
00000: Debug: Using default language en_US
00401: Debug: Logging UI initialized
00401: Debug: Using System Tray for Menu
00617: Debug: OSCAR 1.2.0+6d9f544a (winnt x86_64)
00617: Debug: Built with Qt 5.12.9 on Oct 13 2020 11:01:21
00617: Debug:
00617: Debug: Operating system: Windows 10 (10.0)
00617: Debug: Graphics Engine: 4.6.0 - Build 26.20.100.7263
00617: Debug: Graphics Engine type: OpenGL
00617: Debug:
00617: Debug: AppData folder already exists, so ...
00617: Debug: Using C:/Users/Rose/Documents/OSCAR_Data as OSCAR data folder
00617: Debug: Logging to C:/Users/Rose/Documents/OSCAR_Data/logs/debug.txt
00617: Debug: Opening  C:/Users/Rose/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Preferences.xml
00617: Debug: validateFont found 162 installed font families
00633: Debug: Opening  ":/docs/channels.xml"
00633: Debug: Processing xml file: "channels" "en" "1.0"
00633: Debug: Registering PRS1Loader
00633: Debug: Registering ResmedLoader
00648: Debug: Registering IntellipapLoader
00648: Debug: Registering F&P Icon Loader
00648: Debug: Registering WeinmannLoader
00648: Debug: Registering CMS50Loader
00648: Debug: cms50f37 - Registering CMS50F37Loader
00648: Debug: Registering MD300W1Loader
00648: Debug: Registering ViatomLoader
00648: Debug: Logging device connections to C:/Users/Rose/Documents/OSCAR_Data/logs/connections/devices.xml
00664: Debug: Opening  C:/Users/Rose/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/Jennifer/Profile.xml
00664: Debug: Opening  C:/Users/Rose/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/OpalRose/Profile.xml
00664: Debug: Opening  C:/Users/Rose/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/RM/Profile.xml
00664: Debug: Opening  C:/Users/Rose/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/Rosemarie/Profile.xml
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
in windows update settings you can postpone updates for up to 35 days. I do this to wait to see & avoid the types of complaints reported by others and to make sure I backup personal files just before updating. probably won't help with an update's effect on programs but can avoid other serious problems caused by updates breaking things.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR crash [unable to open profiles] [solution in post #11]
I guess it changed to legacy graphics when Rose tried to start with shift key held down but I thought it was broken before that
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know when it changed to legacy, as it was working fine one day and the next day (I assume after a windows update), I was getting a blank page.

That's when I tried starting OSCAR by holding the shift key, and the page then loaded my profiles, but stuff was grayed out and couldn't even click on a profile to open it.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
This is more of a political post  - not directly applicable to your issue - feel free to delete it if you wish.

I had been heavily active in supporting MS Windows for clients thru Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.  I had witnessed first-hand the escalating madness from Microsoft.  When they removed the ability to manage or control updates in Windows 10, I knew I would soon be done with Windows.  When Windows 7 went to End-of-life, I migrated to Linux Mint Cinnamon, and I've never looked back.  I still have a couple of programs that I occasionally need than have no Linux versions.  So I brought up a VirtualBox VM, Loaded Windows 7 in it, and that is my MS escape hatch.  Updates happen when I Choose, not at someone else's convenience.  I have never had an update that broke anything.  I also use LibreOffice (open-source), which can flawlessly read and write all Microsoft Office document formats, so I'm not missing anything there. 

Just sayin . . .
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Becker for the information. I think in time, I will be dropping Windows too.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 818 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR lost my profiles! jtardo 13 200 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jtardo
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 110 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 430 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar Profiles, etc Fixit50 4 208 01-31-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,494 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.