Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Import from SleepyHead to OSCAR has unknown data, requests copy for devs
Import from SleepyHead to OSCAR has unknown data, requests copy for devs
I just installed OSCAR and was importing my SleepyHead data (migrating, I should say) and got a message along the lines of my data containing...well...data in a format that is unknown or not seen.  The software had a message about providing a zipped copy of my SD card as well as .pdf reports to the devs for [review/improvement?].

The message didn't have any specifics as to how to go about this.

Is this legit?  I'm assuming it is.  Has anyone else seen this and is it helpful to the devs to provide this information?  If so, how do I go about doing that?

I promise I searched first!

OSCAR seems to be working fine for me otherwise, so no complaints there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Import from SleepyHead to OSCAR has unknown data, requests copy for devs
It is legit.
As a result we have found both devices and modes in use that we were unaware of.
Any info that you submit will be used ONLY for OSCAR development and testing.  We will never provide this data for any other purpose and we have been asked. We also will anomonoze the data to render it untraceable.

In OSCAR under Help/Troubleshooting/Create Zip . . . 

Place it in my drop box and I'll route it appropriately.
Fred's DropBox Receive SD Cards

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, I'm uploading it now.  This has been great software to get a deeper understanding of what's going on with the CPAP (Bi-PAP in my case) so I'm happy to contribute.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! We had never encountered a DreamStation using fixed bi-level with the rise time mode. It turns out that OSCAR was already handling it correctly, but now we've confirmed that to be the case. So your data in OSCAR should be accurate as it is.

You shouldn't see a warning for this particular variant again unless you rebuild your data. (If you do, it's flagging something different that we haven't seen.)

The next version of OSCAR will never warn about this configuration, since it is now tested and verified.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello
I just sent data from my CPAP.

It's a Philips Dreamstation (unknown model on OSCAR). It's a french one.

Have a good day,

Adrien
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi adrien10!  -  Welcome

Philips seems to have gotten very creative with issuing different model numbers around the planet.   Your number is probably not in the database.   You should only see this warning once.   Please list your model number so it may be added to the database.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! 

There is the REF : FRX500S400
SN : J2457654657DE

Hope it can help to extend your database
Adrien
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2020, 11:31 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Please list your model number so it may be added to the database.

We actually need sample data to mark things as "tested," and it sounds like adrien10 recently uploaded it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, @adrien10. We've confirmed that OSCAR is already importing your data correctly. The next version of OSCAR will also recognize your model.

p.s. It turns out this model has a slightly different name than other 500X variants: "DreamStation Auto CPAP with A-Flex". That's why we don't give models a name until we've tested them! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 139 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 218 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.