Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA [help understanding them]
RE: RERA [help understanding them]
Going from a soft cervical collar to a chin strap could allow more events. The reason being the chin strap won't prevent your chin from dropping down and 'cutting off your airway. The difference between an obstructive event and hypopnea event is a 30% change in air flow. So it's not much of a change really. I wouldn't increase the pressure to 10cm unless you see an increase over several days. You really can't just go by one night.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERA
(09-22-2018, 12:26 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: RERA's your getting are directly linked to flow limitations your getting. Try increasing your EPR to 3cm and increasing your pressure to 9cm. That should help reduce the flow limitations and also the RERA's.

I try to get information about the RERA, and I found that thread.  But I am not sure if I can apply this to my situation.  Increasing the EPR to 3 could maybe help me too, should I increase the pressure by 3, like 13 instead of 10 and put an EPR to 3?  Would it be the same as pressure 10 without EPR?  Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERA [help understanding them]
You have low OA and most of your events are hypopnea. My recommendation si to set your pressure to 10, and use EPR 3. That should be pretty comfortable (10/7 pressure) and should help treat the hypopnea and flow limitation. The only reason we might suggest an additional pressure increase is if OA becomes more prominent in your events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 148 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 202 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,908 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 227 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 587 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 862 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 377 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.