Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new machine ? High run hours.
RE: new machine ? High run hours.
I've been using my machine for about 6 months now, I just went and looked at the hours on my machine,over 3500 hrs on it with 1200 being mine. This was supposed to be a new unit. I guess somebody will be getting a call monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
On a ResMed AirSense Auto Set 10, do you have to go into the clinician mode to find out the total number of run hours, or is it on the regular screen? 

My machine was new supposedly. I have no reason to doubt that. The hours I've used it are almost at 600 hrs. The regular screen tells me that. 

I went into the clinician mode and could not find anything that reflects the total # of run hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Sleep Options screen has it down in the About menu, below the Device Software version.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only screen that I could find that had the number of hours used, was under the sleep report screen on the regular screen. 

Nothing in the clinician mode reflected hours used, as far as I could tell. I was a little leery of pushing the selector knob too much.  Huh

UPDATE: I did find the total # of run hours. It was in the regular screen, under My Options and all the way down the screen to the About section.

The total number of run hours is 657. That's 57 hrs. more than I have logged on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2018, 09:29 PM)Big Guy Wrote: The only screen that I could find that had the number of hours used, was under the sleep report screen on the regular screen. 

Nothing in the clinician mode reflected hours used, as far as I could tell. I was a little leery of pushing the selector knob too much.  Huh

UPDATE: I did find the total # of run hours. It was in the regular screen, under My Options and all the way down the screen to the About section.

The total number of run hours is 657. That's 57 hrs. more than I have logged on it.

The cool down and warm up functions clock run hours but don’t add to therapy time seems like you probably had a new machine

Based on 100 nights usage of 6hrs plus 30 min a day cool down
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2018, 06:43 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 09:29 PM)Big Guy Wrote: The only screen that I could find that had the number of hours used, was under the sleep report screen on the regular screen. 

The cool down and warm up functions clock run hours but don’t add to therapy time seems like you probably had a new machine

I could be wrong, but besides actual therapy time, only cool down adds to the hour meter.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2018, 07:57 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 06:43 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:

I could be wrong, but besides actual therapy time, only cool down adds to the hour meter.

Thanks Dave i knew cool down adds to runtime as you confirmed this before, I don’t use a humidifier nor heated hose I like cold air from my S9 so use the half sized machine Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
No biggie jaswilliams, I only know this more or less because upon getting my ASV a year ago, I thought DME was ripping me off with a "new" machine with too many hours. Sleeprider and I discussed it, and he came to the conclusion that cool down adds to overall lifetime run hours (the non-resetable one). I have not noticed warm up counts on the meter though. If pressed to answer, I would say no it doesn't. My reasoning? Warm up does not activate the blower, but cool down does.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies and information. Last night was my 75th night of continuous use. 

I wasn't aware that warm-up and/or cool down added to the run time on the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 5 40 2 hours ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 124 7 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 298 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,384 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 111 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 135 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 182 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.