Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing CMS50D+ oximeter data to my WIN 7
Importing CMS50D+ oximeter data to my WIN 7
Hello the Forum. I also am having trouble importing data from the CMS50D+ oximeter. I am able to download data using the SpO2 Assistant program. I am able to view the overnight data file. So good so far. Dream station and oximeter were started at same time last night.

Plan #1: Problem loading SpO2 Assistant saved oximeter data file: I am unable to get Sleepy Head to read the oximeter file already downloaded. I get to where I am in the Sleepy Head screen Select a valid oximetry data file. I can see the actual file with last nights oximeter data _user_1_1_20170613061926.SpO2. When I click on it, mouse button the OPEN button,

I get No Oximetery module could parse the given file and next line displays the correct path and file name I selected. SpO2 Assistant program CAN reopen this file and display it. I am stuck using plan 1.

OK. plan 2! Download from oximeter to Sleepy Head direct. Lets try that. Not sure what oximeter menu mode is? The user manual is not specific about that or I missed it. Nor do I find where it has command to start data transfer. Not that I missed the menu that allows me to start the recording and turn recording off. I do have an ~8 hour data file from last night.  Therefore I can not select upload to commence data transfer. SpO2 Assistant did not require me to select upload to commence data transfer.

OK, what's plan 3: HELP!

Would someone be so kind as to shed some light on my failed attempts. Please.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing CMS50D+ oximeter data to my WIN 7
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid209775
that should do the trick.

If it really is a "rights-issue" you can navigate to the folder in the windows explorer --> right click on it --> properties ... there got to the security tab and add yourself to the list (or as you or your usergroup should already be on the list) grant yourself full privileges.

what should work too: run sleepyhead with elevated rights (aka run as admin) as the admingroup should have full privileges there by default.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is that one of the directories in the path to the file isn't allowing you to read it. Other people seem to be able to use File Explorer to copy the file to a more friendly directory, and then SleepyHead can find and read it. Some day somebody will add better error reporting to this part of SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the responses. One step closer.

Other programs can open the SpO2 file in place.: Notepad++ and wxHexEditor. Interesting.

Moved the SpO2 file to another location. Now when I select the SpO2 file I get a new screen. It states IMPORT COMPLETE.

Now I have The sleepy Head session open to the night that I want to add the oximeter data to. I select button that will add at the same time as my cpap session.

There is a framework for a calendar. Dropdown box, I set the month June. I set the year 2017. The calendar days do not fill in, I can not select the day of the month.

Closer but still not there.

Added: I mentioned as an alternative in another thread, I opened/ran Sleepy Head as administrator, but it made no difference, would not open.
Post Reply Post Reply
BrassCat,

This is because the CMS50D+ does not have an internal clock, thus the SPO2 file does not have a valid date and time in it.  You can try and click the button "I started this oximeter recorder recording at (or Near) the same time as a session on my cpap machine", Set the Month, select the dropdown for day of month, then put the time.  Sometimes it will get the correct day sometimes it won't, depending on if you started the session before or after midnight.

I'm testing out a SPO2 modifier, so if you want,  attach the Spo2 file, tell me the date and start time and I'll change it in the Spo2 file and reattach it and you can test it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Adrenif, please reread my last post. I did use that option, set the month and year, but the days in the calendar box do not fill in!!! So, I did select month and year, but could not select a day of the month.

Thanks, Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
BrassCat,

After you select the Month, does it show a ,0 next to it? If yes click it and either type in the day of the month or use the up down arrows to select the date. Like I've mentioned, sometimes it puts it on the correct date, sometimes it doesn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to have so much difficulty. Thought it would be good idea to post the screenshot. Here is what I am seeing.
I have the month and date. Sleepy Head is saying NO CPAPA DATA AVAILIBLE (on the screen).
There is a window below that Which says No Sessions Present. Now I am looking at the session of June 12 2017. This session exists. But I have set it to other dates where sessions exist also.

[Image: U3mdXMF.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
It will not show a session unless you load it with a SPO2 file that has the date and time in it. Go ahead and set the time that you started recording SPO2 data.  Click Save and Finish. Check the date under Daily and see if it added the oximetry data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, success! Thanks for the help with this one. (yes, thank you so much)
Last night data looks much better than my typical!! Smile

[Image: ku5FqKQ.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 91 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 151 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 138 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,413 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 159 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.