Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum
Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum
So I have been using a Vitacom/Wellue Ring Oximeter that has no export capabilities. (see picture below). All it does is to connect to its own mobile app so I had no idea how to import the data to OSCAR. In fact this issue had become sticky enough for me to look into buying yet another Oximeter, this time one with export capabilities, just so I could import the data into OSCAR as an overlay to my CPAP data. (Yes I have 3 different types of oximeters and now thanks to this forum, I can probably import data from all of them).
Anyway, after searching the forum for discussions about the subject, I found how easy it was to import the data into OSCAR, thanks to members who had posted about it a long time ago.
Just in case you are in the same boat and don't want to buy another oximeter, the process is really easy  and worth a try if your current oximeter has a mobile app. The device stores data in Binary format (the format that OSCAR can decipher) on your mobile device so when you open up the app, it reads this data and displays the graph for it on your screen. All you have to do is to send these files ( a new one is created every time you use your device) to your PC and then import them into OSCAR using the Import feature.
Since my device has a date and clock built in, I didn't even have to sort the files. All I did was to send the last 100 sessions (100 files) to my PC and then imported them all at the same time into OSCAR and halleluiah, every single file was overplayed neatly  into my CPAP data going back 100 days....Even the days when I don't have a CPAP data, were populated with my SPO2 and HR...Awesome.

I will try the same experiment with my other oximeters (they also have their own apps) in the next couple of days and if they save their data in Binary, then there should be no issues with importing them.

Thanks again forum because you just saved me a lot of unnecessary costs. I even  considered buying Resmed 10 series Oximeter kit, price $990 Too-funny

[attachment=36609]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum
(10-24-2021, 01:40 AM)S. Manz Wrote: So I have been using a Vitacom/Wellue Ring Oximeter ........... 

Correction:
"Viatom", not "Vitacom"...a bit dyslexic. My bad.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a different Wellue Ring Oximeter and downloaded O2_Instight_Pro (Ver 1.7) from the "getwellue" site to my computer. It connects to the ring and downloads the data file. Then I use Oscar to import that file. It's also available at the Viatom site (but it shows as version 1.6)

I don't know if O2_Insight_Pro works with the ring you have but you might want to check into it.

There's info at the board's Wiki sight: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_Import
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the Wellue download page the O2 Insight Pro works with SleepU, O2Ring and CheckMe O2 Max.  It gets the data via BlueTooth from the device.
Works great with my SleepU!
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2021, 01:37 PM)MikeE3 Wrote: I don't know if O2_Insight_Pro works with the ring you have but you might want to check into it.

I tried the O2_Insight-Pro. In fact I still have it on my laptop and no , it does not recognize this particular ring. But apparently it works great with Wellue's other ring sensor .
See picture below.
Getting the files out of this one and into Oscar seems to only have one way, as I described.

[attachment=36628]
Post Reply Post Reply
Indeed O2 Insight seems to work with all their range of oximeters except for this particular one that I have.
I guess you have one of these?

[attachment=36630]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2021, 05:31 PM)S. Manz Wrote: I guess you have one of these?

That looks like the SleepU that I have.  And it does work.

Note:  Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone before trying to connect to it with your computer.  Wait a minute or two, then try to connect using your computer.  It may take a few tries before O2 Insight Pro recognizes the device.
And don't forget to turn the device on (usually by slipping your finger in momentarily).
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff,
I am not sure if we are on the same page.
My model is NOT a SleepU like yours.
Mine is a different model !

I have Tried to connect it to the laptop via USB. 
Not only does O2 Insight not recognize it, but also my laptop does not recognize it even as a memory device connected via USB.
(See picture below if you don't believe me) Big Grin

It only uses the USB to CHARGE itself.
I suspect that this is all controlled by its firmware (also latest update).
[attachment=36644]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2021, 10:08 AM)S. Manz Wrote: My model is NOT a SleepU like yours.
Mine is a different model !

Yes, understood.  But your ring is communicating to the ViHealth.app(???) on your phone via BlueTooth if I'm not mistaken.  Which is where the suggestion to (temporarily) turn off the Bluetooth on your phone and try to connect to the ring via BlueTooth from your laptop using O2 Insights Pro came from.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, understood. Turned bluetooth off on my mobile.
Yes, my laptop (64bit W10) recognized the oximeter via bluetooth and says it is "paired" however no other communications, no connection to O2 insight, no display of its directory, no nothing...nada...nil, none.:-)
And yes, I have also tried setting windows 10 to "receive files over Bluetooth" but no transfer takes place after pairing.

BTW I have tried all these many times before, trying to get this darn device connected to something else other than its mobile app, which got me all flustered:-)
The firmware for this thing must have been written to ONLY communicate through its own mobile app. I know, its weird but it is what it is and why I posted my original post in the first place.
I wonder if there is anyone else in this board who owns one of these things and if they have cracked it any other way than I have done.
Would be interesting to see.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 733 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 686 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 491 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 590 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.