Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing Oximetry Data in SH
RE: Importing Oximetry Data in Sleepyhead
Even if you cannot import it to Sleepyhead, you can still eyeball the time frames.

The 50D+ is the one I have and it is decent. I have sensitive skin and have issues with it because of that. I'm wanting to try one of the wrist ones but haven't yet.

If it is something you are only going to use occasionally and not every night, then go with the cheaper 50D+. If you want to wear it a lot, then go with the wrist version.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2013, 12:27 PM)aehjr Wrote:
(03-05-2013, 09:53 AM)GaryG Wrote: The wiki refers to a CMS 50D Plus oximeter. When I go to Supplier #19, I see a CMS 50D oximeter (not the plus), and I don't see any mention of software included.

Be sure you are clicking the link to the overnight/ downloadable pulse oximeters on the supplier's website. That will show you the 50D-Plus. I just bought one from them a week or so ago. I downloaded the software online (SpO2 Review) because the disk did not work in my computer.
Thanks for mentioning exactly where to look. Darn the software is not compatible with macs. :-( Anyone know of software that is mac compatible with any oximeter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't there a Windoze emulating partition thingy?

As far as I know, SpO2 Review is the only one available.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2013, 10:05 PM)GaryG Wrote: OK I get it. These may not be comfortable. Well what would you recommend? Seems like it is this series that is usable by sleepyhead.

My skin is very sensitive and I never considered getting one of the all-on-finger types.

Eventually, I expect SleepyHead will be enhanced to work with the newer .spo2 file format.

For the present, if you get a wrist-mounted Pulse-Ox and you have an old Windows computer (or check local garage sales or try advertising on Craigs List that you'll pay a couple dollars for one which runs Windows XP and someone may respond) you can use it just for viewing the oximeter data.

Or if your Mac has a Windows emulator program like Parallels then you can view the oximeter data on Windows running on a Mac.

Good luck,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
GaryG - I previously posted about the finger-mounted oximeter being less than comfortable. Apparently, I've worn it enough now that I'm used to it (Three or four times). Used it last night and forgot it was on until I saw the blinking light when I got up to go to the bathroom. The 50D-Plus is the cheapest option so I wouldn't be afraid of going that route once you figure out your computer to process the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using a cheap netbook running WinXP just to collect oximetry data and I can print the charts out from SO2 Assistant.
So far that works fine, just not quite as convenient as an import to SleepyHead.
I have the netbook on a side table next to my main desktop displays so it's all still easy to work with and I can compare time blocks on SH and SO2 Assistant at the same time.

Cheers!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2013, 06:26 PM)aehjr Wrote: GaryG - I previously posted about the finger-mounted oximeter being less than comfortable. Apparently, I've worn it enough now that I'm used to it (Three or four times). Used it last night and forgot it was on until I saw the blinking light when I got up to go to the bathroom. The 50D-Plus is the cheapest option so I wouldn't be afraid of going that route once you figure out your computer to process the data.
thanks I just ordered it. I figure if I can get used to the cpap experience, I can put up with the finger mounted oximeter.

(03-07-2013, 07:01 AM)Shastzi Wrote: I am using a cheap netbook running WinXP just to collect oximetry data and I can print the charts out from SO2 Assistant.
So far that works fine, just not quite as convenient as an import to SleepyHead.
I have the netbook on a side table next to my main desktop displays so it's all still easy to work with and I can compare time blocks on SH and SO2 Assistant at the same time.

Cheers!
good idea to not get overly concerned with importing into sleepyhead.

Post Reply Post Reply
Has anybody tried the CMS-60F with Sleepyhead?
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2013, 01:19 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can also find them by going to here in your computer: (you don't have to use the compatibility button this place)

(user name) > AppData > Local > Virtual Store > Program Files (x86) > SPO2 > Data

Thank you!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 3 66 03-13-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 89 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 268 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,605 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 328 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 417 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar importing csv files + O2 Insight Pro import eflat 1 357 10-24-2023, 10:10 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.