Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Importing Oximetry Data in Sleepyhead
Even if you cannot import it to Sleepyhead, you can still eyeball the time frames.

The 50D+ is the one I have and it is decent. I have sensitive skin and have issues with it because of that. I'm wanting to try one of the wrist ones but haven't yet.

If it is something you are only going to use occasionally and not every night, then go with the cheaper 50D+. If you want to wear it a lot, then go with the wrist version.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-06-2013 02:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
GaryG Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Activa LT Nasal Mask
Humidifier: S9 H5i humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 7-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(03-05-2013 12:27 PM)aehjr Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 09:53 AM)GaryG Wrote:  The wiki refers to a CMS 50D Plus oximeter. When I go to Supplier #19, I see a CMS 50D oximeter (not the plus), and I don't see any mention of software included.

Be sure you are clicking the link to the overnight/ downloadable pulse oximeters on the supplier's website. That will show you the 50D-Plus. I just bought one from them a week or so ago. I downloaded the software online (SpO2 Review) because the disk did not work in my computer.
Thanks for mentioning exactly where to look. Darn the software is not compatible with macs. :-( Anyone know of software that is mac compatible with any oximeter?
03-06-2013 05:59 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Isn't there a Windoze emulating partition thingy?

As far as I know, SpO2 Review is the only one available.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-06-2013 05:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(03-05-2013 10:05 PM)GaryG Wrote:  OK I get it. These may not be comfortable. Well what would you recommend? Seems like it is this series that is usable by sleepyhead.

My skin is very sensitive and I never considered getting one of the all-on-finger types.

Eventually, I expect SleepyHead will be enhanced to work with the newer .spo2 file format.

For the present, if you get a wrist-mounted Pulse-Ox and you have an old Windows computer (or check local garage sales or try advertising on Craigs List that you'll pay a couple dollars for one which runs Windows XP and someone may respond) you can use it just for viewing the oximeter data.

Or if your Mac has a Windows emulator program like Parallels then you can view the oximeter data on Windows running on a Mac.

Good luck,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 05:47 PM by vsheline.)
03-06-2013 05:45 PM
aehjr Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12

Other Comments:

GaryG - I previously posted about the finger-mounted oximeter being less than comfortable. Apparently, I've worn it enough now that I'm used to it (Three or four times). Used it last night and forgot it was on until I saw the blinking light when I got up to go to the bathroom. The 50D-Plus is the cheapest option so I wouldn't be afraid of going that route once you figure out your computer to process the data.
03-06-2013 06:26 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Shastzi Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Make & Model: FitLife Total face mask
Humidifier: F&P HC150 with Hybernite heated hose.
CPAP Pressure: 15cm-20cm H2O (auto)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: CMS50-F wearable Oximeter; Software: SPO2 Assistant

I am using a cheap netbook running WinXP just to collect oximetry data and I can print the charts out from SO2 Assistant.
So far that works fine, just not quite as convenient as an import to SleepyHead.
I have the netbook on a side table next to my main desktop displays so it's all still easy to work with and I can compare time blocks on SH and SO2 Assistant at the same time.

Cheers!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
03-07-2013 07:01 AM
GaryG Offline

Preferred Members

Mask Make & Model: Mirage Activa LT Nasal Mask
Humidifier: S9 H5i humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 7-15

Other Comments:

(03-06-2013 06:26 PM)aehjr Wrote:  GaryG - I previously posted about the finger-mounted oximeter being less than comfortable. Apparently, I've worn it enough now that I'm used to it (Three or four times). Used it last night and forgot it was on until I saw the blinking light when I got up to go to the bathroom. The 50D-Plus is the cheapest option so I wouldn't be afraid of going that route once you figure out your computer to process the data.
thanks I just ordered it. I figure if I can get used to the cpap experience, I can put up with the finger mounted oximeter.

(03-07-2013 07:01 AM)Shastzi Wrote:  I am using a cheap netbook running WinXP just to collect oximetry data and I can print the charts out from SO2 Assistant.
So far that works fine, just not quite as convenient as an import to SleepyHead.
I have the netbook on a side table next to my main desktop displays so it's all still easy to work with and I can compare time blocks on SH and SO2 Assistant at the same time.

Cheers!
good idea to not get overly concerned with importing into sleepyhead.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 11:56 PM by GaryG.)
03-07-2013 11:54 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead oximeter data-wrong days awoodby 5 486 11-04-2016 11:27 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  SleepyHead on iMac with OS X - importing oximetry data Possum 9 938 11-04-2016 12:28 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sleepyhead crashes on data import gerryjock 3 214 11-03-2016 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  backing up sleepyhead data storywizard 2 209 10-21-2016 11:24 AM
Last Post: storywizard
  Sleepyhead Showing Partial Data jbsix 6 305 10-19-2016 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Location/Format of SleepyHead Data TillerBee 8 969 09-26-2016 10:11 PM
Last Post: beet
  Can SleepyHead export SpO2 data? SaldusMiegas 3 242 09-23-2016 09:02 PM
Last Post: beet