Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing Oximetry Data in SH
RE: Importing Oximetry Data in Sleepyhead
(03-05-2013, 09:53 AM)GaryG Wrote: The wiki refers to a CMS 50D Plus oximeter. When I go to Supplier #19, I see a CMS 50D oximeter (not the plus), and I don't see any mention of software included.

Be sure you are clicking the link to the overnight/ downloadable pulse oximeters on the supplier's website. That will show you the 50D-Plus. I just bought one from them a week or so ago. I downloaded the software online (SpO2 Review) because the disk did not work in my computer.

Vaughn is correct about the comfort of the other options. The 50D-Plus is just bulky and awkward enough that I have not gotten comfortable wearing it. I opted out of it since the fingertip probe has latex. Am now thinking the occasional latex exposure might have been worth the added comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the process to download the information would be the same as long as the software is the same. Meaning the SpO2 Review is used. Some newer, higher end models use a different software so I'm not sure if they work. Just follow the directions on how to get the recording stopped/started then follow the rest on the wiki to get the data into SleepyHead.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think my finger probe is made out of silicone, (CMS50-F)
that has worked well for me but the 50-F uses So2 Assistant software and I have not figured out how to import the data into SH as yet.
(I found the files and copied them to a spare SD card but SleepyHead does not see them.)

Any ideas?

:/
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the file type created by the assistant software? SleepyHead looks for *.spo or *.spoR files. You might try making a copy of the file produced by the assistant software and change the file extension to spoR.
I noticed that when I import the SpoR files using the SPO2 Review software, it also creates a spreadsheet with two columns and a whole lot of rows in the same folder. I think the saturation is the first column and the pulse is the second. I don't know if you could change the file extension and import that data.
You might also try asking the customer service folks at supplier 19 via email. They were very prompt and helpful with my questions. I also found that their instructions for downloading data were correct and the ones provided with the device were not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'll try those things! Big Grin
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Vaughn, thanks for responding, but my question isn't addressed. I would like to locate where I can find an oximeter that is compatible with Sleepyhead. Once I am able to identify some, then sure, I'd like to know more about different types of oximeters and what is preferred. But first I need to find one that works with Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
This might be of some help: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...d_Hardware
Oximeters
ResMed
This data is incorporated into the S9's EDF data, and is synced with the CPAP data.
No-one has really tested it yet, as these oximeters are hideously overpriced.

Contec
CMS50X Series
So far works with CMS50D+, and hopefully with the new Oximetry rewrite, the rest of the CMS50 family..
CMS60 support is currently being explored

Post Reply Post Reply
hmm SO2 Assistant produces *.SpO2 files.

Looks like some weird binary format. Tongue

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, thanks. I should have thought of checking out sleepyhead site.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2013, 12:03 PM)vsheline Wrote: Hi GaryG,

Please understand that the wrist-mounted ones with a separate sensor cup that goes over the finger are less uncomfortable to wear all night, especially when trying to wear one for more than one night in a row.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
OK I get it. These may not be comfortable. Well what would you recommend? Seems like it is this series that is usable by sleepyhead. Reason why I am asking is cos majority of my apneas are showing up as CA's and I would really like to see if the oximeter data is consistent with this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 135 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 336 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.