Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing SleepU Data in OSCAR -- can't find AppData folder
Importing SleepU Data in OSCAR -- can't find AppData folder
When I go to  Data->Import Viatom Data, I get the file browser starting in my home (c:/users/username) folder.

But it fails to list the AppData folder underwitch the sleepU data is stored.

There does not seem to be a "show hidden" option within the file picker dialog.

Since AppData is the default location O2 Insitght uses, probably showing hidden by default would be best.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing SleepU Data in OSCAR -- can't find AppData folder
C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\O2 Insight Pro\DATA\SerlalNumber

In Windows Explorer, look under Tools ⇾ Folder Options ⇾ View ⇾ Hidden Files and Folders. Select the "Show" option.

You can type this in the command box in the Start menu, %localappdata%, followed by the Enter key. This will get you to the local folder.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not me finding the folder that is the problem, it is the ability of OSCAR to find it.

I already had show hidden set in file explorer.

OSCAR didn't inherit the explorer setting, and did not provide a show hidden option. I could work around this either by moving the location or changing appdata to unhidden.

I am suggesting that for the typical non-techy user of OSCAR it would better if by default it shows hidden in the file dialog, since that is the default for appdata, and appdata is the default location for many other apps to store their files, such as O2 Insight.

Maybe OSCAR normally does show hidden files such as appdata, and there is something peculiar with my environment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Showing hidden data is an option of Windows Explorer and not OSCAR. When you open a file browser in any program, you are opening a portal to Windows Explorer. Of course, you can always change the data location of SleepU files very easily, I did for backup purposes.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2021, 09:01 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Showing hidden data is an option of Windows Explorer and not OSCAR.   When you open a file browser in any program, you are opening a portal to Windows Explorer.  Of course, you can always change the data location of SleepU files very easily, I did for backup purposes.

...and for some reason that does not appear to be working, as I explained.  I already have the workaround. Basically this thread is more a bug report/suggestion.

Side by side, I have the hidden folder plainly visible in File Explorer (as I always do) and the OSCAR file browser for importing data, which fails to show the same hidden folders.

I can also open, for example, a "save as" dialog in another app, such as chrome, go to my user folder, and see the hidden AppData folder there, again side-by-side with OSCAR, which does fails to do the same.

I assume OSCAR is using some version or another of .net, windows forms, whatever, and the file browser object is provided by a windows pi. That file browser object is configurable by the application that instantiates it, and does not necessarily have to use the same settings (e.g. show hidden files) as the file explorer application. For example see GetOpenFileNameA and OPENFILENAME  (not saying OSCAR uses these, just an example, and reasonably sure whatever variant of windows api OSCAR is using has something similar).

Maybe this behavior is a bug (or choice) in OSCAR, maybe it is a bug on the windows API, and either way, maybe there is something unique about my environment that exposed it, such that this rarely happens to others (or maybe not).
Post Reply Post Reply
You could also just manually type in "AppData" when your in your home location.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I assume OSCAR is using some version or another of .net, windows forms, whatever, and the file browser object is provided by a windows pi.

OSCAR is developed using the QT multi-platform system. QT is responsible for presenting the file dialog, so what we have is what QT delivers. I haven't look at QT internals to see how it presents the file dialog on each platform--and it is different for each platform. As much as possible, we do not put any platform-specific variations in the OSCAR code. We try to let QT handle platform specific variations.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2021, 12:59 AM)GuyScharf Wrote:
Quote:I assume OSCAR is using some version or another of .net, windows forms, whatever, and the file browser object is provided by a windows pi.

OSCAR is developed using the QT multi-platform system. QT is responsible for presenting the file dialog, so what we have is what QT delivers. I haven't look at QT internals to see how it presents the file dialog on each platform--and it is different for each platform. As much as possible, we do not put any platform-specific variations in the OSCAR code. We try to let QT handle platform specific variations.

I think QFileDialog:ConfusedetFilters()  should do the trick, including QDir::Hidden in the filters. Something like myFileDialogObject.setFilters( other filters | QDir.Hidden )

See https://www.qtcentre.org/threads/67923-G...lder-files
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a bad idea. In the mean time, you can usually traverse hidden folders within the Windows dialog by entering the full path in the address bar at the top.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.