Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Adding Daylight Savings support to OSCAR
RE: Adding Daylight Savings support to OSCAR
I prefer to have access to the clock to correct for drift and to set the correct local time. I just bought a used machine from Colorado and went through the menus to make the settings I require, delete the user data and set the time. With the Philips machines we us the Oscar preference settings to offset time in the software. The problem with the Resmed clock are people that have learned to access the clinical settings using the CPAP like it is an alarm clock. The time setting should not be used for travel between time-zones on vacation or business, and truthfully are okay to leave alone where standard and daylight times change. That is user education and I constantly remind members it's fine to leave the clock alone because every year when the time changes, several will lose data. As it says several places in Oscar, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, I understand, though it sounds rather confusing. Maybe write a clear recipe?

But, the question was: how does (or should) a "Respironics-plus-blood-saturation-device" user cope with DST change?
Having said that: When a ResMed user shouldn't change the clock (leave it at wintertime???), how should that user cope with DST change difference between the PAP and the O2ring???

What would you think is (are) the best suggestion(s)?

-- sorry for my bad wording ---
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
When I import O2 data one option is I started the Cpap and O2 at the same time. By doing that they are in sync
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Independent of different clock settings??? DST???
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use a cheap O2 sat device like the CMS 50F the clock won't change in the middle of the night...

This simplifies things immensely

just saying... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've successfully changed times on my ResMed A10 data when it was off by 12 hours. It was just 2 days worth so I did it by hand, but if I had a larger amount of data I could write a perl script to build a more general-purpose tool. The time stamps in the file names are obvious, and I poked around in the files looking for date-time strings and changed the obvious ones and crossed my fingers. What I was worried about was times stored in more obscure forms, but apparently they didn't do that.

(This is what I had to do to get myself out of the hole I dug when I tried to change the slow-by-13-minutes clock from 14 March 23:54 to 15 March 00:07. The settings for date and time are on two different lines, so the first change that I made was to set the date to 15 March and then rolled down to set the time to 00:07. The data change made it 23:54 on 15 March, and the machine refused to let me set it further back than noon. It took me two days to get the date/time set correctly, and then I had data from the 14th in the DATALOG/20210315 folder, and worse, data from both the 15th and 16th in the DATALOG/20210316 folder. Changing the filenames and then the time strings inside the files fixed everything right up!)
Post Reply Post Reply
With current OSCAR the best thing to do is just add a note for a given day where CPAP data has the incorrect time and apply the required clock drift in the preferences when viewing that day. Then change the clock drift back when viewing days with correct time. The clock drift is not applied to the underlying data - it impacts the display of CPAP data only (not Viatom oximeter and other data sources which supply time in their data files) so you can change it at any point.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 34 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepware G3 support stanG3 2 101 04-10-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: stanG3
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 868 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Oscar support for Lowenstein Prisma20A pls2000 1 176 03-22-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 397 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  support for AirSense 11 model 39520? roost 1 293 02-12-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BMC G2S A20/Luna II OSCAR support HarryDuBois 9 1,037 01-18-2024, 03:13 AM
Last Post: A KLERK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.