Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing a CPAP
Money 
Importing a CPAP
Hello,

My wife has finally seen the sleep center at the local hospital and we are ready to purchase a machine. We want to get a Philips Dramstation Auto with humidifier and heated tube and a mask. We are going to import them from the USA as they are dramatically cheaper.

Which suppliers on the list are in America and ship to Australia? ( I have forgotten and cant find a post about importing)

Should we look at getting anything apart from the machine and the mask? I just figured we should get everything we need at the one place.

Anything else that I need to bear in mind??

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing a CPAP
I've used #10 on the supplier list several times and never had i problem. Delivery with a week. Only bought a mask from them after finding the right one (that works for me) locally
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that.

What would you recommend ordering in the way of consumables. I figured I should order them in bulk while I am at it.

How long do the filters last?
Is it worth while ordering an extra heated tube?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it would be a good idea to order an extra heated tube....also extra filters.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So this is the order that I think I will place. Everything we have right now is rented and I hope this order should get my wife by for the next few years.

It has a full kit as the bottom line that contains all the extras. On top of that I think I will order an entire extra mask, heated tube, more filters.

It works out to be $1678.94 Australian delivered.

Any other suggestions??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are already getting getting the dreamware mask with the Cpap machine, it may be a better idea to order a different mask as a backup....like the ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask.

You never know if she will adapt to the dreamware nasal mask, so have a different style on hand.

Also, if she is a mouth breather, a chin strap may be needed.

Best of luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that,
She has hired that Dreamwear mask in the past. Of all the masks she has tried she liked it the most. Right now she is using a different mask that she doesn't like as much I think its a F+P brand. I will talk to her as I agree that having two options is a good idea. I think the chin strap is a good idea too but I will she what she thinks.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a fellow Aussie all I can say is that what you are getting seems expensive. Your invoice reads like a Jetstar ticket purchase as each added extra pushes the cost of the flight above what is advertised. Your rental company would probably have provided a free mask if you were renting for at least 6 months (mine did) and I don't see a reason to buy an extra one. The Dreamwear mask is great and appears to be long lasting. The only thing you have to think about replacing is the nose piece.

You've gone for the Respironics Dreamstation which is an upgrade from the previous model, the Remstar 560. From what I've read from reviews the upgrade is basically cosmetic. The breathing algorithms are the same for both machines and that is what counts. I recently purchased the Remstar from the US for less than half of what you are paying (Dreamwear mask excluded) and will get exactly the same result if I'd bought the Dreamstation.

Save some serious money and look at other suppliers at the top of this page. Supplier #1 has a great deal on the Remstar 60. Their price for the Dreamstation with the humidifier and heated tube is twiced the price. The Remstar will do the same job just as well.

Supplier #2 also has some interesting deals.

I used Supplier #1 and got the whole kit and caboodle delivered for $AUS675. The price has gone up a bit since then but it's still very competitive. They also responded very positively to a fault in my original machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2016, 04:59 AM)MrEGuy Wrote: Hello,

My wife has finally seen the sleep center at the local hospital and we are ready to purchase a machine. We want to get a Philips Dramstation Auto with humidifier and heated tube and a mask. We are going to import them from the USA as they are dramatically cheaper.

Which suppliers on the list are in America and ship to Australia? ( I have forgotten and cant find a post about importing)

Should we look at getting anything apart from the machine and the mask? I just figured we should get everything we need at the one place.

Anything else that I need to bear in mind??

Hi:

I'm a DreamStation user and I think the only thing you need to order would be your filters. There are 2 of them, one washable and one Microfiber filter which I used only once, but the washable one has lasted me 5 months and still good.I never reordered the microfiber filter because I didn't think I needed it.

Good Luck and hope you enjoy your DreamStation as much as I do Mine.

Coffee
Please Take Care, Stay Safe and follow the guidelines to Stay Healthy!  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 521 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,626 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  Importing data from Contec CMS50c to Oscar Crickets 3 618 05-19-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing into Australia and Health Insurance Big Timber 2 905 07-26-2020, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Big Timber
  Viewing Old Data Without Importing New data from an SD Card mjrPdqkLguUgGLE 5 1,326 05-23-2020, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mjrPdqkLguUgGLE
  Australians - importing from USA - experiences? bernie01 39 6,124 01-22-2019, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Data missing when importing to Sleepyhead gwl1962 2 1,184 01-25-2018, 11:48 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.