Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing blood oxymetry data from Samsung Health
Question 
Importing blood oxymetry data from Samsung Health
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, and have been pleased as punch with the data it gives me about my sleep, including my blood oxygen levels. Of course, what would be even better is if I could import the blood oxygen data into OSCAR and view it overlaid on my CPAP data. Has anybody tried doing this, or is there anything in the works to enable OSCAR to import the relevant csv files exported from Samsung Health?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing blood oxymetry data from Samsung Health
I think that you are at a dead end. The data collected by the Samsung 4 Classic is helpful especially when used with the Samsung Health App that is available for Samsung phones (direct wireless import for those readers that may not know of this capability). I far as I know there is no data export (to external file) function in the watch and even if there was OSCAR has only very limited oxygen import functionality. 

I use the Samsung C4 watch nightly as well as a ResMed APAP machine. I was hoping that the oxygen data that is imported into the Samsung Phone's App would be useful in matching any measured low oxygen level with AHI hits shown in OSCAR. But, no luck with this either. The resolution of the imported data as shown in the Samsung Health App is so poor that it is not possible to even come close to seeing any matching data/times. Very disappointing that Samsung's App is so poorly designed at least for this application. Otherwise the C4 Watch is a little helpful in monitoring sleep, but I have found that it is highly inaccurate. It is no where close to even getting my awake vs. sleep time correct, not to mention its light vs, REM, vs, deep sleep times correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2022, 11:29 AM)sptrout Wrote: I far as I know there is no data export (to external file) function in the watch and even if there was OSCAR has only very limited oxygen import functionality.

I know that you can export the data from Samsung Health into a series of CSV and JSON files, because I've already done it. Otherwise, from you're telling me, I'm on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a long shot, but you could download the source code for OSCAR and review the code for the devices I mentioned earlier to see the order and what parameters they are reporting in a CSV file. You could then reformat your CSV file and use one of those device options.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 84 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 139 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 337 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 430 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.