Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing data
Importing data
I just updated my computer, i thought i'd backed up everything, but obviously not, the rescan data is missing.

Sleepyhead still contains all my data from the last year or so. Can someone tell me how i can export the sleepyhead data into Rescan?

I've tried everything i can think of, but no joy.

On a separate note, when I try and export resmed data I get the following error:

ExportPatient [D:\Program Files\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\] Caught Exception ...]

any ideas, can anyone explain what I should be doing? the exporting of Resmed data is secondary, important thing for me is getting the old data back (From Sleepyhead)

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing data
As I recall, that's not going to be possible. I could be wrong but I think the downloaded data stored by SH is not in the same format as it is in ResScan.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2013, 11:49 PM)Sleepster Wrote: As I recall, that's not going to be possible. I could be wrong but I think the downloaded data stored by SH is not in the same format as it is in ResScan.

Sleepyhead uses the raw data out of the machine (.edf and .crc files). ResScan saves the data as .rlk files in C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\yourname

You could try saving your SleepyHead data onto an SD card then see if ResScan will read that. I'd try formatting the card in the S9, then copying all the old files from SH into the datalog directory on the card.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just digging around in the file folder of both. Sleepy head looks to keep it's data files in the folder called Resmed_serialNumber, under your patient name. BUT notice there is a sub-folder also in that folder called backup. Another sub-folder called datalog, just like on your SD card. Inside the datalog folder is a full set of EDF files with all the corresponding data. SO, it looks like Sleepyhead does an automatic backup for us. By the way the EDF files is what Rescan reads off your SD card.

So, Sleepster is correct in that the two programs use different file formats, but SH keeps your original data backup up. Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2013, 07:30 AM)drgrimes Wrote: I was just digging around in the file folder of both. Sleepy head looks to keep it's data files in the folder called Resmed_serialNumber, under your patient name. BUT notice there is a sub-folder also in that folder called backup. Another sub-folder called datalog, just like on your SD card. Inside the datalog folder is a full set of EDF files with all the corresponding data. SO, it looks like Sleepyhead does an automatic backup for us. By the way the EDF files is what Rescan reads off your SD card.

So, Sleepster is correct in that the two programs use different file formats, but SH keeps your original data backup up. Good luck!!

Blink
You must think I'm a read dunce, but I need drgriimes to clarify that when he copy/pastes a folder/file (to backup that day's SH data) that he copies "Profile" from the SD card itself OR does he copy the file within it that is named the name he used when he first set up SH

I have three three days of SH backup data copied from the SD Card in my computer card reader and when I got into SH to Import either 1) Profiles from a couple of days ago 2) my name in SH [drmick3].

The only two Import options I have in SH are a) Usual Place b) New Location. Since the Usual Place is the SD Card Slot I point to in Windows Explore, I have tried New Location and Browsed to where I have the backups in a sub folder in c:\My Documents\SleepyHeadData\SH[date of backup]. In that subfolder I have a Profiles folder and drmick3 file (setup name in SH]

Even though I am browsing to previous days, every time I highlight either Profiles or drmick3, I get a popup message that says "couldn't find any new Machine Data at the location given."

Since importing copy/pasted data is successful for many Forum members, can someone tell me, again what to do, and/or where I'm going wrong?
Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 519 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,622 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  Importing data from Contec CMS50c to Oscar Crickets 3 616 05-19-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,683 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 920 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 812 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Importing into Australia and Health Insurance Big Timber 2 904 07-26-2020, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Big Timber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.