Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Wisp
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Importing data
I just updated my computer, i thought i'd backed up everything, but obviously not, the rescan data is missing.

Sleepyhead still contains all my data from the last year or so. Can someone tell me how i can export the sleepyhead data into Rescan?

I've tried everything i can think of, but no joy.

On a separate note, when I try and export resmed data I get the following error:

ExportPatient [D:\Program Files\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\] Caught Exception ...]

any ideas, can anyone explain what I should be doing? the exporting of Resmed data is secondary, important thing for me is getting the old data back (From Sleepyhead)

Thanks
12-22-2013 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

RE: Importing data
As I recall, that's not going to be possible. I could be wrong but I think the downloaded data stored by SH is not in the same format as it is in ResScan.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-22-2013 11:49 PM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10

Other Comments:

(12-22-2013 11:49 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  As I recall, that's not going to be possible. I could be wrong but I think the downloaded data stored by SH is not in the same format as it is in ResScan.

Sleepyhead uses the raw data out of the machine (.edf and .crc files). ResScan saves the data as .rlk files in C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\yourname

You could try saving your SleepyHead data onto an SD card then see if ResScan will read that. I'd try formatting the card in the S9, then copying all the old files from SH into the datalog directory on the card.

Good luck!

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-23-2013 05:24 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
drgrimes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 Resmed Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Dreamwear
Humidifier: resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

I was just digging around in the file folder of both. Sleepy head looks to keep it's data files in the folder called Resmed_serialNumber, under your patient name. BUT notice there is a sub-folder also in that folder called backup. Another sub-folder called datalog, just like on your SD card. Inside the datalog folder is a full set of EDF files with all the corresponding data. SO, it looks like Sleepyhead does an automatic backup for us. By the way the EDF files is what Rescan reads off your SD card.

So, Sleepster is correct in that the two programs use different file formats, but SH keeps your original data backup up. Good luck!!
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 07:33 AM by drgrimes.)
12-23-2013 07:30 AM
drmick3 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Auto Set
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics WISP
Humidifier: ResMed H51
CPAP Pressure: Min 5, Max 20

Other Comments: Newly diagnosed chronic OSA

(12-23-2013 07:30 AM)drgrimes Wrote:  I was just digging around in the file folder of both. Sleepy head looks to keep it's data files in the folder called Resmed_serialNumber, under your patient name. BUT notice there is a sub-folder also in that folder called backup. Another sub-folder called datalog, just like on your SD card. Inside the datalog folder is a full set of EDF files with all the corresponding data. SO, it looks like Sleepyhead does an automatic backup for us. By the way the EDF files is what Rescan reads off your SD card.

So, Sleepster is correct in that the two programs use different file formats, but SH keeps your original data backup up. Good luck!!

Blink
You must think I'm a read dunce, but I need drgriimes to clarify that when he copy/pastes a folder/file (to backup that day's SH data) that he copies "Profile" from the SD card itself OR does he copy the file within it that is named the name he used when he first set up SH

I have three three days of SH backup data copied from the SD Card in my computer card reader and when I got into SH to Import either 1) Profiles from a couple of days ago 2) my name in SH [drmick3].

The only two Import options I have in SH are a) Usual Place b) New Location. Since the Usual Place is the SD Card Slot I point to in Windows Explore, I have tried New Location and Browsed to where I have the backups in a sub folder in c:\My Documents\SleepyHeadData\SH[date of backup]. In that subfolder I have a Profiles folder and drmick3 file (setup name in SH]

Even though I am browsing to previous days, every time I highlight either Profiles or drmick3, I get a popup message that says "couldn't find any new Machine Data at the location given."

Since importing copy/pasted data is successful for many Forum members, can someone tell me, again what to do, and/or where I'm going wrong?
Sleep-well
12-23-2013 12:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Money Importing a CPAP MrEGuy 8 447 09-14-2016 11:33 AM
Last Post: Bompa
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,392 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Revised Post Regarding "I need help with SH data" - with data included! Jeffo1 3 592 05-16-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jeffo1
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 2,250 10-06-2014 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz
  [Equipment] Problem importing data from Sleepyhead vsummers13 5 1,319 09-10-2014 09:19 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Does reading the data card erase the data? Marnid2014 22 8,551 03-12-2014 12:36 PM
Last Post: retired_guy
  Importing Oximetry files to Sleepyhead Thecleanser 4 2,483 11-26-2013 12:43 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2