Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing of data problem
Importing of data problem
I have been using Sleepyhead successfully for several months. Now, although my computer states that my data was imported successfully, it does not show up in Sleepyhead. Can anyone give me a clue about this? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing of data problem
Is there anything on the SD card? In the DATALOG folder there should be subfolders. They are named by date. YYYYMMDD. Last night's folder might be named 20160107

You should see files similar to these:

Volume in drive G is RESMED
Volume Serial Number is D484-950F

Directory of G:\DATALOG\20160106

01/07/2016 08:13 AM <DIR> .
01/07/2016 08:13 AM <DIR> ..
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 8 20160106_214117_CSL.crc
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 800 20160106_214117_CSL.edf
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 8 20160106_214117_EVE.crc
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 1,008 20160106_214117_EVE.edf
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 8 20160106_214121_BRP.crc
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 3,176,082 20160106_214121_BRP.edf
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 8 20160106_214121_PLD.crc
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 289,534 20160106_214121_PLD.edf
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 8 20160106_214121_SAD.crc
01/07/2016 08:13 AM 129,042 20160106_214121_SAD.edf
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I just downloaded SleepyHead today, and was hoping to look at the data from my ResMed A10 and back it up on my Mac. In the Overview, I was able to see my session times and Pressure, but no other data.

When I looked at the file structure on the SD card, I noticed that the daily folders in the DATALOG folder are all empty, unlike what your listing shows, AlanE. Has ResMed somehow hidden the files? This unit is equipped with a cellular modem and sends the data wirelessly. Does it only write the data to the SD card if unable to transmit?

Also, in the Daily view, SleepyHead shows "BRICK! :(" in orange on the left side, and on the right side it shows a big orange Frowny Face and the error "I'm very sorry your machine doesn't record useful data to graph in Daily View :("

Has anybody else encountered these problems (and, I hope, overcome them)?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The way to overcome that problem is to trade your Resmed A10 CPAP for a Resmed A10 Elite, Auto or Auto for her. The unit you have must be the CPAP model which does not record useful data.

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Ugh. So I guess the only data it's recording is general usage, to ensure compliance. Do you know if the data it transmits to the provider is more detailed?

Thanks-- such a help having knowledgeable people like you around.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 05:22 PM)WachetAuf Wrote: Ugh. So I guess the only data it's recording is general usage, to ensure compliance. Do you know if the data it transmits to the provider is more detailed?

Thanks-- such a help having knowledgeable people like you around.

no it doesnt transmit more detailed data either. I wish they didnt even make those bricks :\

how long have you had it?

Post Reply Post Reply
just in case it's not really the BRICK....

CPAP is a brick
ELITE is a data capable straight pressure cpap
AUTO is a data capable variable pressure apap which can also run in cpap mode if desired
Auto For Her (and machine is "prettified") is a grey machine with a leaves pattern and has the ability to do the previous modes, and also a gentle for her algorithm when pressures are below 12)

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Well, it took quite a few phone calls, both to doctor's office and DME company, but I'm happy to report that I traded in the BRICK (which was indeed the 'CPAP' model) this morning for an AutoSet. And at no additional cost to me, since the change was ordered by Dr within a month (barely-- today was day #30) of my beginning treatment. Smile

The doctor instructed the DME provider to program the AutoSet to auto-set between 4 and 20 pressure level, while they had the CPAP model programmed to provide a constant 11. I wonder how much that will affect my experience... when they tried me out on 20 this morning, my ears popped immediately. Wow. Hopefully the machine will decide that 11 is sufficient. Confused

Anyway, thanks again for the info; very helpful! I'm looking forward to being able to see some data in SleepyHead.

(01-10-2016, 05:32 PM)DariaVader Wrote: just in case it's not really the BRICK....

CPAP is a brick
ELITE is a data capable straight pressure cpap
AUTO is a data capable variable pressure apap which can also run in cpap mode if desired
Auto For Her (and machine is "prettified") is a grey machine with a leaves pattern and has the ability to do the previous modes, and also a gentle for her algorithm when pressures are below 12)

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day WachetAuf. Congrats on getting a better machine.

The 4 - 20 pressure range is what we call "wide open" and is often (usually) unsatisfactory. Although these machines can adjust the pressure to respond to events, they don't do it all that quickly. So you'll probably find the 5 is too low, events will start occurring and the machine will increase pressure but is always a step behind. At that point it can run away and you end up with the ear-popping 20. It's much better to set a more limited range, which will give you more comfortable and efficacious therapy.

Once you've had it a week or so, post some SleepyHead output here and we'll see if adjustments can be recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2016, 09:45 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: The 4 - 20 pressure range is what we call "wide open" and is often (usually) unsatisfactory.

Huh, interesting. Do you think, since I have an Autoset machine, I should take advantage of its "auto" capabilities? Or, since I've seemed to do OK at a constant 11, should I have them set it to operate in regular, non-auto, CPAP mode? (And a related question: would it still collect the full range of data if operating in CPAP mode?)

Thanks for the info.

-WA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 135 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.