Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Problems with ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A (ASV) Algorithm
RE: Problems with ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A (ASV) Algorithm
FWIW I can pull charts off ResMed's ST-A on OSCAR so he should be good there. I've been trying the ST-A that's here but it's not quite "right" in some way. Trying various timing combos. The respiratory ailment, COPD, Asthma or whatever, doesn't play well most times.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
Good plan. I will gather the data and submit. I have not done an attachment before but suspect it is easy to figure out.

FijiFarmer
Post Reply Post Reply
With OSCAR, I used a pretty standard Daily shot and could figure out how I'm doing. You can start there I guess and the chart guys can ask for other stuff as they need it.

I used Events, Flow Rate, Pressure maybe mask pressure can be substituted, Leaks. I don't know if flow limits will be helpful, but we'll see.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   ResScan Report 14Sep2021.pdf (Size: 815.49 KB / Downloads: 9)

I've attached the results from last night in addition to my previous results.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, what I'm seeing there isn't bad, as in it doesn't seem too far off. Settings, that's likely another story though. VT median of 920 Max of 1020 for example, isn't bad IMO.

If I'm correct you'll be able to see a bit of stuff on the ST-A display itself with Essentials changed to Plus. OSCAR will show you this chart info as well, but it'll be easier to grasp there than in ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Oscar Daily Details chart will give you more details on the individual days. Use the link in my signature on Organize Your Oscar Chart to create an attachment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2021, 04:48 PM)FijiFarmer Wrote: On a separate topic. I am a chemist developing controlled release magnesium taurate for alleviation of tachycardia. In collaboration with two other Ph.D. level scientists, I have found that magnesium taurate is the best magnesium compound to alleviate and prevent atrial tachycardia. This new controlled release product will make my dosing of the compound less arduous. More on this if it is a relevant topic.

I'd be interested to hear more (medical microbiologist here). I've been diagnosed with some kind of dysautonomia with (among other things) raging tachycardia. I'm not entirely sure that in reality, these are all related to my (currently uncontrolled) severe CSA but anything that actually helps moderate my tachycardia would be nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ratchick,

Glad to share my personal experience, as you know this is not professional advice.

There are several magnesium compounds sold over the counter as medical supplements. Literature describes differences in their ability to reach the blood stream and cross the blood/brain barrier. Tachycardia control requires the compound to meed both requirements. In my personal experience only two compounds meet these requirements: magnesium taurate and L- magnesium lactate. The magnesium taurate is by far the most effective of the two at heart rhythm moderation.

The problem with conventional over the counter magnesium taurate is its short plasma level half-life. The compound is readily absorbed in the stomach and creates a measurable effect in about 15 minutes, but the effect wears off in several hours. This appears to be typical of magnesium compounds and as a result there are several magnesium compounds that report sustained release characteristics. Unfortunately, I have not found a source for sustained much less controlled release (a more regulated version of sustained release) magnesium taurate, so I decided to develop it for myself. The project is well along and I expect finished product this week.

I suggest you consider over the counter magnesium taurate to determine its effectiveness in your condition. I can share more about my progress on the magnesium project if you like, but suggest it be done in a private venue because it is a bit off purpose for the Apnea Board.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Sincerely,

FijiFarmer
Post Reply Post Reply
That's super interesting. I will definitely look into that option. And definitely, I'd love for you to keep me up to date with your project. You can just PM me if you want. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 316 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 583 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,016 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,245 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.