Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Improvement suggestions
RE: Improvement suggestions
I don't know what it means, but once again, nearly all OA events are within a brief period of starting or restarting therapy. Other than those brief clusters, therapy looks excellent and provides many hours of sleep, uninterrupted by events. This latest graph has 10 hours of use, and it appears you may be recovering from sleep deficit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeez I feel really bad especially around one or two in the afternoon. It feels like I need to take a nap! Some of the hours that appears Im sleeping I am really just reliving the day I had in my mind and trying to find solutions to the next days issues. 
Another detriment i guess is that one night I have good success with a mask and the next night I cant stand the mask i had good success with. Does that make sense?
I thought that this would be a simple thing to correct was i wrong it seems! 

Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it would be natural to feel irritated off and on with the mask if you're lying there unable to sleep. It sounds as though perhaps the main problem is that your thoughts keep turning to the past day and the next day. Maybe with worries?

At any rate, there are some guidelines to help us sink down into better sleep. They sounded kind of mickey-mouse to me when I first read them, but I was so desperate I gave them a try, and they really did seem to work.

• Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
• Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
• Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
• If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed.
• Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
• Use your bed only for sleep and sex.
• Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
• Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
• Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
• Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
• Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
• Avoid consuming caffeine in the late afternoon or evening.
• Avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime.
• Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.

The advice to get up if you can't fall asleep in 20 minutes is also meant for times when you wake up in the middle of the night, not just when you are first falling asleep. I think the idea is to help your body and mind associate your bed with sleep, not bad experiences like lying awake and fretting.

One other thought: you might want to focus on whatever it is that has you thinking about events of the past day or the next day. I'm guessing this involves a certain amount of worry; if it does, you might also think about what might reduce the anxieties. More exercise? A chance to talk with a therapist?

How do these ideas sit with you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with sleep riders assessment.

but Your pressure is being driven mostly by snores, so in 3 different steps, on 3 different days so we can know what works

Day 1, Increase PS=5 to try to fix the snore issue
If that doesn't wotk
Day 2 increase min pressure to 8 to see if that helps the snoring.
if that doesn't work
Day 3 drop Max pressure to 18 to minimize fluctuarion.

This shouldn't immediately resolve your tiredness simply because you have likely had sleep apnea for years, full relief can take time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day 1, Increase PS=5 to try to fix the snore issue
If that doesn't work
Day 2 increase min pressure to 8 to see if that helps the snoring.
if that doesn't work
Day 3 drop Max pressure to 18 to minimize fluctuation.

I do this in steps do day one leave PS-% alone and try Day 2 or put back what i changed on day 1?
Post Reply Post Reply
None of the changes should hurt anything, and we may choose to change direction as we see results. Just wanted to put out my train of thought.

Leave the changes unless we see something
Post Reply Post Reply

Last nights results. using first suggestion
Post Reply Post Reply
Your snores came down, let's leave it here for a couple of days. Very important since your numbers are very good, is how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling no better today but it seemed I slept harder than I did before.......

Post Reply Post Reply
harder? better?, deeper?, longer? Is that a good or bad thing?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 82 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 288 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Grin New CPAP User, looking for improvement help babysleep 8 471 01-24-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.