Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In DME waiting queue for months. Is the Resmed AS11 the one to get?
In DME waiting queue for months. Is the Resmed AS11 the one to get?
I've been in a waiting queue with my DME for months for a new machine. They have an 'order put in' for the Resmed AirSense 11. I'm currently using an 8 year old S9 for now. Is the 11 the one to get? Seems you folks know what's the best machine out there. My Rx is auto CPAP 4-8.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In DME waiting queue for months. Is the Resmed AS11 the one to get?
I would also accept the Airsense 10, and might even favor it. The problem today is that if you don't stipulate a machine, you're likely to get something from China. You might want to rattle the DME's chains and show them this machine is in-stock and available from many online sellers. I'm sure the supply shortage from the Philips recall should be easing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the big perspective, the 11 seems quite similar to the 10. Sometimes new and improved isn't. The 10 is battle tested and available.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirSense 10 Autoset or the AirSense 10 Autoset Card-to-cloud (C2C).  Either have become more available and have been around a long time.  All accessories can usually be found with online suppliers.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a new  Airsense 10 autoset from Supplier #1.  Had to pay for it myself but they shipped the same day.  No problems with it and am very happy with the customer sevice (as opposed to my DME).  By the way they advertise a discount to the list price, but for reasons I don't understand they gave me an even better price without my even asking for it.  I really don't understand how the DME says they have a backorder and these guys can get it right away.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been waiting since January for a replacement for my 7 YO as10 and got it last Saturday (9/24). My as10 stopped reporting to myAir because it uses a 3G/cdma technology that is no longer supported by most carriers. In addition, it made a very annoying sound upon exhale that I could hear even with ear plugs. Anyway, the as11 is more quiet than the as10. The DME didn't set it up correctly because my PCP didn't provide them with my recent sleep study results (APAP 8-15 vs CPAP 10 from 7 YO sleep study). I had asked my PCP to provide me with a respiratory therapist to aid in setting up the new machine based on the sleep study and the PCP told me that it would be set up correctly and I was not to alter the settings! So, I'll use the fixed pressure of 10 for a week and import into OSCAR and then change to APAP 8-15 and see the results. I refuse to be a hostage to arrogant/incompetent health care providers.

Best of luck

BTW, looking for a way to recycle my old as10 (get it refurbished) for use by someone else.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 92 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 290 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 486 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 674 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.