Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In-Lab results wildly different from Watchpat
In-Lab results wildly different from Watchpat
Hello, I'm a 24 y/o male who is average weight.

I took a watchpat test in April, where I scored an AHI of 8.3 (3% oxygen desaturation), 8.2 hypopneas, and a RDI of 14.

Since I couldn't be asked to wait for insurance to help me, I bought an APAP and have been using it since. My symptoms improve marginally when I use it, but I still feel awful daily. Any time I sleep without my machine, I wake up with symptoms twice as severe.

I thought I'd get more conclusive results from an in-lab study, and just finished it a couple weeks ago. However, this time I scored only 1.3 AHI (3% oxygen desaturation), and 5 hypopneas. I asked if I could be given the RDI, but they claimed it isn't used for diagnosis and that I don't have sleep apnea.

I feel like I'm being gaslit at this point because I'm certain that my issues are tied to my sleep. I'm beginning to feel suspicious that I may have UARS since:

A. I snore VERY loudly

B. Not using my machine causes nightmares where I'm suffocating, followed by suddenly waking up and a day of immense brainfog and head tension

Do you think it's worth looking into a bilevel? Or should I just wait and see what the next doctor says.

I'd post my OSCAR data, but it pretty much says I'm sleeping perfectly with no obstructive apneas alongside a couple centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In-Lab results wildly different from Watchpat
You paid for the sleep report. They have to give it to you in full. Don’t let them tell you otherwise. A sleep report would help as to what they saw in the lab. An in-lab study is likely far more accurate when done correctly compared to an at-home test, so having the study is important.

Without seeing your current OSCAR charts it is almost impossible to suggest getting a Bilevel. You can always buy one on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist, but it may not be needed.

Post a few OSCAR charts and let folks here figure out what is going on. See my sig for a link to how and what to post.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's your test, you should be allowed your test results in full (all pages). No isn't an accepted answer. Demand it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2023, 09:18 AM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: You paid for the sleep report. They have to give it to you in full. Don’t let them tell you otherwise. A sleep report would help as to what they saw in the lab. An in-lab study is likely far more accurate when done correctly compared to an at-home test, so having the study is important.

Without seeing your current OSCAR charts it is almost impossible to suggest getting a Bilevel. You can always buy one on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist, but it may not be needed.

Post a few OSCAR charts and let folks here figure out what is going on. See my sig for a link to how and what to post.

Is this the full report? I asked them if they had anything else that showed RDI etc, but they said it isn't used at all when diagnosing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant seem to get stable results after 1 yr Mr Pink 8 160 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Maybe UARS? Overnight Ox Results Nospoons 2 87 Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Nospoons
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 316 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 574 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,638 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,623 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 2,016 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.