Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
(01-11-2020, 08:11 AM)Plmnb Wrote: do you mean go ahead and stay on CPAP again?  Or do you mean I should go back to BIPAP?

The latter. Just stay on VAuto, and only tweak the PS.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2020, 08:26 AM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: Tonight, it will be important to get the settings right and then run for three or four nights to see how consistent we can get the improvements.

YAYYY!  Progress.... Thanks

SOOOO, EXACTLY what should my settings be tonight?  And Slowriter mentioned no need to switch mode, but wasn't sure if he meant stay back on CPAP or not?

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
P.S. Don't worry too much about the apparent apneas during the periods of large leaks.
They may be confusion caused by the leaks.
Notice how the mask pressures are all over the map in that period of large leaks.
The therapeutic pressure levels were lost due to the leaks.

If you mentally subtract those events during the leaky period.... you are left with a fairly good number.
If we can also eliminate the CAs the you'd be left with hardly any at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
ApneaQuestions,  Okay re: large leaks.

But what about tonight's settings?

I want to be sure they are the best they can be for now.  Especially wondering about my  Unsure ness about mode?

Love hearing from you!!

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion:
  • mode VAuto (keep it here)
  • PS 6.4
  • min EPAP 14
  • max IPAP 25
So the only thing you're changing is reducing the PS.

Is trigger still on high or very high?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's no good if three of us try to tell you the best settings.
I am going to let sleeprider do that once he catches up.
If he hasn't answered by early evening... I will summarize the best settings for you.

I'm excited!  I think we've cracked it.

EDIT: slowriter and I were typing at the same time. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
OOPS, my bad.  I'm not on CPAP again, your right I'm on VAuto.  Little confused there.  

Trigger is on High.  Does that need to be changed or left alone?

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
I was responding earlier to your comment that "The other things I did were to go back to CPAP mode from BIPAP mode". I'm saying, don't use CPAP mode, at all.

Keep everything where's it at then, per my post above (as well as trigger), with the sole exception of lowering your PS.

Keep in mind the logic of what I suggested:

You basically want some data at a few different PS settings to see how well, or how poorly, the auto bilevel can address your case.

And this is all assuming SR doesn't have some different idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
ApneaQuestions, I'm so pleased you are excited for me  like .  

Yes, we shall wait for Sleeprider to chime in.  

However, and I don't want to be that person looking the gift horse in the mouth, but:

Although my breath shapes appear to be getting better and I don't feel like I got run over by a Mack Truck upon my final morning awakening, I still get very tired during the day and by the end of the day I just need to go to bed. Is it once we clear up the remaining events that this will get better too?  This is an obvious conclusion, right?

I don't want to be that irritable, snappy, impatient person anymore.  I want to go back to my good characteristics.

Plmnb
Phoebe
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay  Slowriter, will do, thank you!

Plmnb

Gosh, we REALLY need the LIKE button.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,639 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 582 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 821 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,381 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,773 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 11 281 04-06-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.