Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
And here is a zoom of the best as I could determine, for a "good" wave shape zoom.

What say you?

[attachment=18949]

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you've got a good feel for where to zoom and what to look for these days.
If you wanted to zoom in on the OA and the CA around 6:25 that might be a fun informative thing to look at.
After all... there isn't much else going on event-wise is there? :-)

As for the Yoga thing.. I'm out of ideas other than what I previously mentioned.
If I was somewhere in the ballpark by thinking that it was your body's way of fixing your breathing... that may just stop happening over the coming days or weeks.

No I'm not a therapist. :-)
But I recently did a lot of reading on CBT and began to realize how I've spent most of my life being my own worst enemy with slightly faulty thinking.
It's a fascinating subject but a bit off topic for here. Check out Dr. David Burns if you're interested... he has a great website with audio podcasts too.

Glad to hear that the improvements are starting to feel real and not just academic improvements on a wiggle plot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking really good Plmnb!!! You should start to feel much better and have it last all day long on a regular basis very soon. Just don’t get discouraged if it starts to go in the other direction. If your charts are still looking like that take a look at how much sleep you’re getting. Chances are you’re behind if your dragging. That’s my problem at the moment. PAP is going great but my hours of sleep is lagging behind from being up to late the past several days.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2020, 10:06 AM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: After all... there isn't much else going on event-wise is there? :-)
(Uh oh, a QUOTE.  I really am trying OpalRose  Bigwink )

LOL, I know.  I gotta get in a longer sleep session though.  I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a poor compliance issue. Thinking-about

I'm going to look now around at the 6:25 mark you cite.  BRB

PS. You are correct, it is so rewarding to realize the benefits of working therapy in actual life, versus the charts.  I just got a little shiver thinking about all the improvement so far and how I hope everyone else here seeking assistance gets to feel the same level of satisfaction in their quest for GOOD sleep. It appears I may just be dodging a bullet on the possibility of additional surgery and since I am allergic to pain, these improvements have me  Dancing 

I'll look at the info on Dr. David Burns, but quickly, what is CBT?

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Osiris  Thanks for the heads up about the possibility of a period when things may degrade a bit.  I'll TRY not to worry too much when/if it happens.  Because, by now I'm pretty sure we know I'd probably post another urgent call for help that reads like I'm freaking out. 

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2020, 10:19 AM)Plmnb Wrote: I'll look at the info on Dr. David Burns, but quickly, what is CBT?

Google answers most of my questions these days ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a little Photoshop myself ApneaQuestions  Bigwink

[attachment=18950]

Plmnb

ADDED: PS. I'm trying to wrap my head around why a person, getting decent response from their machine, is sleeping along pretty well, then BOOM, an event.  If the machine is doing what it is supposed to then why does this happen?  Could it be simply that the setting still need a tiny tiny bit of adjustment?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I knew when I wrote that I should just Google it.  Sorry.

Plmnb

EDIT:  ohhh.  I've had that therapy!  Not sure it worked, lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good-work Plmnb!

I think you got that quote thing down pat!

And congrats on the better readings, but try to get more sleep. It doesn't take much to allow ourselves to adopt "not so perfect" sleep habits. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the technical term for the blue area is "general shenanigans and buggering about" ;-)

Seriously though, you can see an attempted breath immediately above the letter "W" in the word "What" of your annotation that can't break through the obstruction and doesn't get above zero flow. On the next breath, you managed to breathe again and have a more normal looking breath.

Similarly, you have 4 breath attempts in the green area that can't break through the obstruction. Once again, the amount of flow is almost non-existent (doesn't get above zero) and so this gets detected as an apnea because those 4 breath attempts didn't really succeed and took more than 10 seconds to resolve.

On the blue mask pressure line, you can see the little ripples that the machine generates during the apnea to try to tell if you are having a CA or an OA. Those ripples send a pressure "echo" back to the machine and it uses that "echo" to determine if your airway is open or closed. BTW.. It's not really an "echo".. that was poetic license.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 46 6 hours ago
Last Post: secunix
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 984 Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,311 04-23-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 98 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 128 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,471 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 363,471 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.