Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
I believe this is how it works...

The sleep study said your optimal pressures were 18 over 14 aka 18/14 (ie Pressure Support of PS=4 which is 18 minus 14)
( See Impressions & Recommendations)

The machine setup allows flexibility going as high as 20/16 and as low as 10/6 (ie PS=4)

So try a night and see what you see in OSCAR.  

If the machine "agrees" with the sleep report then expect it to start low at 10/6 then maybe rise to 18/14

The Max IPAP setting of 20 will prevent it trying to go higher than 20/16 (PS=4)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I am always in favor of trying the doctors settings, at least to start. Try it then post your OSCAR daily charts and go from there.
With a BiLevel you are in a good position.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okiedokie ApneaQuestions, will do.

What are Ti Max and Ti Min?

I was also given a heated tube.  Do I need to bother with that since my husband already figured out a way to stop the rain?  What are Trigger and Cycle?

Plmnb

AND THANK YOU AS ALWAYS.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I'm just tired and misreading something, but doesn't your titration study suggest a min EPAP of 14, but your machine is set at 6?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, bonjour.

Btw, what is that last detailed chart all about?  I see a section about RDI which is something that I was told is just as important as RERAs I think I was told?  I told them I needed to know that information.

I am a little curious though.  The Titration report still shows me with an AHI, although much, much lower than without treatment.  Al the threads and posts I have been viewing show numbers low like the ones on my Titration, but the majority, it seems, are still feeling not so great.  Why wouldn't the doctor want to set me at pressures that would get my AHI below 1 like I have been reading would be very good?

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 05:53 PM)slowriter Wrote: Maybe I'm just tired and misreading something, but doesn't your titration study suggest a min EPAP of 14, but your machine is set at 6?

Hmm  Thinking-about

Yes, the machine was set by the DME at 6 as you have pointed out.  If my Titration study suggests min of 14, which I can't find the ref. of, I guess I should change it?  Or maybe the dr. wants the 6 instead of the 14?

I just found my prescription and it says 6.  Did the dr. read my report wrong?

I did just see at the bottom of my Titration where it says "The total AHI at the optimal pressure of 18/14 cm H20 was 4.8/hr.  According to the AASM guidelines, this is an optimal titration".

???
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 05:55 PM)Plmnb Wrote: I see a section about RDI which is something that I was told is just as important as RERAs I think I was told?  I told them I needed to know that information.

RDI is basically AHI + RERAs/hour.

That last page is just the titration table that shows how you do at different settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 05:59 PM)Plmnb Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 05:53 PM)slowriter Wrote: Maybe I'm just tired and misreading something, but doesn't your titration study suggest a min EPAP of 14, but your machine is set at 6?

Hmm  Thinking-about

Yes, the machine was set by the DME at 6 as you have pointed out.  If my Titration study suggests min of 14, which I can't find the ref. of, I guess I should change it?  Or maybe the dr. wants the 6 instead of the 14?

I just found my prescription and it says 6.  Did the dr. read my report wrong?

I did just see at the bottom of my Titration where it says "The total AHI at the optimal pressure of 18/14 cm H20 was 4.8/hr.  According to the AASM guidelines, this is an optimal titration".

???

I really don't know why the Dr would specify 6 if the titration study says much higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slowwriter,

I am going to call the dr. office in the am and ask.

I wouldn't be surprised if a mistake was made based on everything that has already transpired with the darn office.  Even the report has the wrong Dr.s name signing off.  Oh-jeez

Thank you for your input.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Read my post again

There's not a mistake (EDIT: meaning it's not a showstopper for tonight)

The machine will start gentle and then step up by increasing pressures automatically (just like your Autoset did)

Later, once we have data, we can fine-tune it closer to your "best settings" but for now the machine is smart enough to do that for you (eventually)

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid326798

Once we see your data, we may indeed step up Min EPAP from 6 to 7 or 8 or 9 or maybe even 14... but not yet.
Just let the machine do its thing for a night or two
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,634 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 581 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 821 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,380 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,772 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 11 281 04-06-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.