Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
ApneaQuestions, my long awaited chart creation:

[attachment=19177]

Not bad at all on Flow Limit, so someone please explain why I felt like such HELL this morning?  I don't think the cervical collar helped all that much?

Jeeze, I'm pooped.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good flow limits (BTW the negative side of the flow limits plot won't help... so you can reset the y axis to go 0.0 to 1.0)

But let's face it.. 5 hours is not enough for you.
Even if we get your flow limits and AHI to be consistently ZERO. (which they almost are).
Even if we can get rid of the middle of the night awakenings.
You need MORE sleep.

From what you told us...your biggest obstacle at this point seems to be consistent work hours and consistent sleep hours for both you and your husband.
But I think you know that. That's not an apnea question. The question is.. what to do about it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont-know

My first thought about my reply to you ApneaQuestions, was "yup, exactly what I was thinking".

But then I started thinking I was only getting maybe 6 hrs a night of sleep and that was always enough.

Oh, well.

Off to bed !

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb, i feel for you. I worked very odd shifts that changed on a daily basis.  While at the same time trying to spend time with my wife and take care of our house.  At one point I started getting very sick and anxious from sleep deprivation and stress.  Neither of us could change our schedules so we had to make some compromises in life.  For as much as we loved to spend time together we realized it just could not happen like it used to.  We decided to not see each other for days, at least until we had days off together.  I started getting more sleep, my wife lost weight (I was the cook), and the time we did get to spend together was more meaningful to us.  Wasn't easy, but we did it for years.  And were both healthier for it (sort of).  Now life has changed for us and we see each other a few hours everyday.  Thing have a way of working themselves out over time.

Dont give up!
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jeff8356.

Thank you so much for your comments, I truly appreciate it.

I have definitely considered the possibility that the home life schedule must change.  Point of clarification, when you say didn't see each other for days, you don't mean living apart, right?  You just mean your wake/sleep schedules were adjusted?

Silly question, I know but my parents have had a commuter marriage for over 40 years and that isn't something I could ever do.  Shy

Sincerely,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 12:28 AM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: Good flow limits   (BTW the negative side of the flow limits plot won't help... so you can reset the y axis to go 0.0 to 1.0)

Dont-know  I changed it back.  I just did it because I was able to locate ALL rises in the Flow Limit graph.  Even the almost imperceptible ones.  I wanted to see to what degree my reaction to increases changed.  I have written down every single time my Flow went up from zero, what the number was, and for how long. Odd, today's chart shows ABSOLUTELY NO FLOW LIMIT?

Haven't figured out exactly how to use the data yet, but I'm working on it.

Working on getting new charts posted for this morning.  Horrid rise in AHI, 7.82.  I know Sleeprider, I know, your not an AHI guy so to speak. I'm just using the number as somewhat of a guide to things.

I think the rise might have something to do with my doing an experiment last night.  Someone suggested trying NO pillow, or a very flat one.  So I removed my second pillow, the harder one and just used my favorite squishy one.  I felt like I was sleeping with no pillows at all.  I'm thinking I should not lay totally flat while sleeping.  I'd have to do the test again tonight to see if this is so. 5 OA events, and 17 Hypopnea, 27 Unclassified events. I can't recall that many ever and, I haven't had that many Hypopnea since the 9th.  People wouldn't normally "chin tuck" while laying practically flat would they?

Very interesting development on the sitting up. I believe I have detected a pattern.  I think I am seeing that the sitting up situation occurs at approximately the same time every night.  I looked at last night and the night before video, and this appears to be the case.  Now I have to look at the other days to see.

BBS.

Plmnb

Will post OVERVIEW and ZOOMS shortly.
Post Reply Post Reply
AND,  For the life of me I can not understand why ALL but it looks like two, Mask Pressure wave shapes are now flat topped.  (Except at the very end of my sleep and during the only time I have Leak Rate, they are more like a camel hump at various times).

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's OVERVIEW.  Zooms to come.

[attachment=19184]
Post Reply Post Reply
Flat top Mask pressure, what happened to my little gently flowing ocean wave shapes?  Is it because I was almost flat on my back?

[attachment=19185]

I haven't seen this before, at least pretty sure I haven't.

The valleys have been addressed, see quote below, but not the tops of the wave shapes.  before they were like peaked tips.

"If the valleys are long and flat, this simply means that the machine is holding back the pressure waiting for the NEXT breath to start... once the breath starts.... the machine will detect this fact (called "triggering") and boost the pressure to assist with your inhalation."
Post Reply Post Reply
?

[attachment=19188]

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 957 1 hour ago
Last Post: dormivi
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,263 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 85 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 127 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,462 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 363,037 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 809 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.