Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
So here is where it stands right now:

Prescription for S mode:

EPAP 20
IPAP 8
PS 4
(If IPAP is 8 then EPAP is the 20 she said right?)

WHAT WE ALREADY TRIED ON THE TWO DAYS WE DID S: 

EPAP 12
IPAP 18
PS 6

They are sending it to DME.  But I asked them for it.  Should I go ahead and do it myself or wait until DME does it?  They said it may take DME 24-48 hrs!

Also, favor was not successful.  I'd have to find an ASV on my own.

And, if this doesn't work I have to go back to see the dr. for another office visit at ANOTHER $80.

Bug-eyed
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new prescription is for Vauto mode with EPAP min 6.0, IPAP max 20.0 and PS 4.0. I'm pretty sure we tried that early...Here56 it is, post #56 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid326848

You've been there, done that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I was told by the drs office my TIDAL VOLUMES looked "good" and we haven't discussed this chart, and I have looked on this board for information about it and can't determine pertinency, would someone be so kind as to tell me how to properly post this Tidal Volume information?

I did gather that "good" Tidal Volume depends on weight, etc. Shall I provide any of this information to help determine what the deal is with my Tidal Volume?

Sigh

Plmnb

EDIT: I have looked up some info on Tidal Volume and it appears that in a healthy adult 500 is a good average.  My Tidal Volumes hover often at AROUND the 500 mark, a little above, a little below.  However, there are times when it is much lower, closer to approximately 300s and times when it is over 1,000.  NO LEAK TIMES.  (Appears that it is important to make sure no leaks when looking at TV).
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleeprider.  Thanks for answering.

Ummm..Dr. office said this was for VAUTO-S.  I asked her twice to be sure.  

The settings you just stated were not the ones from prior two day experiment with the S mode.  Isn't S mode different from regular VAUTO?

The settings we tried before for S were EPAP 12, IPAP 18, PS 6.

The prescription settings I was just given are for S she said.

I'm confused.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
I do see where we started at PS 4 on 1/2/20 report but not in S mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
S-mode is fixed pressure. Either you or your doctor is in error because this prescription is for Auto pressure:
Quote:Prescription for S mode:

EPAP 20
IPAP 8
PS 4

Any S-mode prescription will list the IPAP and EPAP pressure. The one I quoted starts at 8/4 pressure and can go as high as 20/16 pressure. That is Vauto. Someone is yanking your chain.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So odd.

I just got off phone with ResMed because DME couldn’t/wouldn’t answer question.  

They said a WHOLE new machine is required.

ResMed Aircurve 10 ST
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that someone may have mistyped IPAP and EPAP.
If that's true, what else may have been mistyped or misheard?
Can't they email the document instead of talking about it?
Post Reply Post Reply
They absolutely said to me “with back-up”
However I may have been incorrect in the category(?) which were absolutely 8 and 20 with PS 4, incorrect in ascribing the terms EPAP and IPAP to the numbers I mean.

These settings were the prescription that was written and being sent to the DME.

When I was definitely told “with backup” I asked does that mean Sauto.  I think she just wanted me off the phone by this point.

Chill time now.  Nothing I can do until tomorrow.  

If still interested in TV graphs let me know.  But it will have to be tonight to post.

Thanks everyone.  I seriously am about to give up. 

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got off phone with Dr.Barry Krakow.

Interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,243 6 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 69 6 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 126 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,455 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 362,919 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 793 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 877 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.