Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Good morning.

A little less frenetic Plmnb here.

Well, here is a cautionary tale of how important making sure the settings are correct:

I think I found the problem with all the large leaks I have been having and the very dry nasal passages.  SOMEHOW in my settings, the setting for the type of mask I am using was changed on the 9th to nasal.  I haven't used a nasal mask since last month some time.  So, last night it was set back to full face.  I am going to assume this makes ALL my data from1/9 - 1/27 flawed.

I would like to forget about this mistake that has probably cost my fellow board family an undue waste of time.  I will chalk it up to an honest oversight, and my crazed demeanor over the past few weeks.

I'm hoping that by now working with the correction we might be able to move away from the idea of ASV?

One thing, I don't understand about leaks, why does the event graph shows a particular number if incidents, yet the details list shows a different number?

I am posting 3 overviews, 1/7, 1/8, 1/28 All three set correctly on full face.  I have also included the TIDAL VOLUME graph because this is something the sleep lab manager talked about and we have not.

LAST NIGHT 1/28:
[attachment=19511]
14/25 PS 6.8

1/7/20
[attachment=19512]
10/21
PS 6

1/8/20
[attachment=19513]
12/18
PS 6

Again, I apologize for the incorrect data and would really appreciate your continued assistance.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm confused.

I thought the doc agreed you might benefit from an ASV. Why can't you at least get a prescription for that?

And what did Krakow say? He's a huge proponent of ASV in general.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2020, 07:28 AM)Plmnb Wrote: ...One thing, I don't understand about leaks, why does the event graph shows a particular number if incidents, yet the details list shows a different number?...
First of all, I'm sure you noticed that last night's flow limitations are probably the best we've ever seen for you.
The numbers in the statistics show that clearly with 95% of your values being 0.05 or better!!
Compare that to the arbitrary targets I mentioned of trying to get below 0.2 and ideally below 0.1
When we look at the actual graph for flow limitations we need to search hard to find much happening at all.
A few spikes here and there but mostly nothing.
That's great!  However, we want to see that reliably and consistently for several nights in a row before getting overly excited.
Your zooms should look quite good for last night.

I'm not sure what you are asking in the quotation.  Perhaps you could elaborate a little please.
One thing that you may be seeing (but I'm not sure based on your question) is the fact that the left panel sometimes gives data for the whole night but sometimes gives data just for a part of the night (ie for one of the sessions that make up the night).  If you click on the yellow/grey session boxes at the bottom left of the screen and watch what happens to the numbers in the left panel you'll see that the data in the left panel switches around.  I mentioned this in an earlier post you may have missed it.  The app seems a bit buggy here as well because I can't easily tell which sessions have or have not been selected when I click on them.  I would expect them to turn yellow and grey based on whether they are selected or not... but the yellow coloring does not match my expectations and does not make much sense to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 01:53 PM)Plmnb Wrote: Just got off phone with Dr.Barry Krakow.

Interesting.

Dont-know  And?

I recommend you simply decline the trial on ST. Unless I hear differently, they don't have a clue what they are doing or what settings should be used.  The ST is nothing more than running your machine in S mode, but with a timed backup rate for switching to IPAP. The prescription you related is incorrect and has no backup rate setting. ST is a fixed pressure bilevel without EasyBreathe, and  has a backup rate I think a backup rate of 10 BPM is appropriate for you). I have said in other threads that the ST is a machine looking for a job that something else doesn't do better. It has no intelligence and no capability for variable pressure support.  Now if you can persuade them to change that to a ST-A, that is a completely different matter.  A long time ago, I suggested iVAPS as a great solution for someone like you because it targets alveolar minute vent. It has the intelligence of ASV and much more.  Since these guys seem to be clueless perhaps they will make the small mistake of giving you a ST-A (which has ST mode) instead of the ST dumb machine.

Your most recent result on the Vauto is really good, however we have seen these results can suddenly reverse.  I guess that makes me very cautiously optimistic.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way. Your total sleep duration was 5:55 (with a couple of breaks in the middle).
That's much closer to the 6 hours that you previously mentioned seemed to be "enough" for you in the past.

If you can maintain 6 hours and maintain those flow limitation improvements and maybe fix the breaks in between... well, I'll let you finish that sentence.

My hat also goes off to you for transitioning from "I'm seriously about to give up" to a totally different mindset.
Are you secretly doing a bit of CBT distortion-spotting at the same time? It really can work when done properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
"I can't easily tell which sessions have or have not been selected when I click on them."

clicking on a segment of the usage bar toggles that session on/off. you can see the session disappear/reappear in the flow rate & other graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Yes I see that. I was referring more to the yellow hi-lights. That seems to be the buggy part. Does the yellow hi-lighting work for you?

EDIT: I played around with nights having 2 and 3 sessions. There is always one session that refuses to turn yellow for me.
EDIT2: v1.0.1-r-1 (a102a85d OpenGL)
Post Reply Post Reply
on my win 10 laptop the bars are yellow & blue. toggling them off turns both colors to white. toggling again turns them back to yellow or blue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. Try a night with three sessions if you have one.
I get 2 yellows and the third one is a very very very pale shade of blue.  The blue one is so pale that it is almost (but not exactly) white.
If that pale blue is trying to represent hi-lighting, that may be the answer.  Personally, I'd have chosen all yellows or something much less subtle than the very pale blue.

Look at the images to see just how subtle that blue shade is.

EDIT: If I hit a traffic signal with a very pale shade of pink.... I don't think I'd realize I needed to stop.

Sorry Phoebe... just a little side topic... it may possibly explain what you were referring to though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see 2 yellow and 1 white in one screenshot and 2 yellows and 1 blue in the other. subtle difference but it's visible.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 970 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,221 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,596 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 544 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 237 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.