Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Exclaimation 
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Trying to relax while working this out.

Before I adjust anything let me see if I can explain more clearly.  Then tell me again what I need to do.

As long as my mouth is wide open I feel like I am at least getting oxygen/air through my mouth. Even though it still pushes the mask.

If I close my mouth, I can breath in through my nose.  However, breathing out through just my nose is very difficult.  It’s HARD.  And if I keep pushing air out my nose it makes the mask jump a little and makes a noise.

It’s like my mouth and nose can’t agree with what is going on.  Sad
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry, this has moved very quickly. What are your settings?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
...and what mask are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
Hi Sleeprider.  I think I’m going to cry.

Mode: VAuto
Max IPAP: 20
Min EPAP: 6
PS: 4
Ti Max: 3.0s
Ti Min: 0.3s
Trigger: Med
Cycle: Med
Full Face
Ramp Time 10 (It was originally off)
Start EPAP: 4.0
Humidity: 7
Slimline Tube
AB Filter No
Essentials: Plus
Leak Alert: On
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
Phillips DreamWear Full Face.

This was the first mask on CPAP.  Not like.  Changed to ResMed F20.

It wasn’t great either.

Took both to Titration study.

Tech said I did awful on F20 on BIPAP.

Put me back on my Phillips.

She said I was great on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Phillips isn’t just a nasal.  It’s both.

I only was using the ResMed F20 for a few weeks too.  Tons of leaks as my previous charts showed and apparently this was a big issue at the lab.

That’s why she put me on the original mask.

My results on the study were with the Phillips  DreamWear Full Face (nasal thingy and mouth area)
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
For the heck of it I just tried the ResMed.

It’s like the mask is puffing around the edges, like the mask is trying to let out a burp.

Do any of my descriptions make sense?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 08:14 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: Do you mean you can't breathe IN or you can't breathe OUT?

If the former.. try increasing Start EPAP to a higher level (that pushes up the Start IPAP to be Start EPAP + PS... in your case  Start EPAP +4)

Ooh, ApneaQuestions you are pretty darn smart.

Wellll, this is better.  I changed the start EPAP to 6.  It’s almost fine, but just a little off.  I want to put it to 6.5 but it won’t go any higher than 6.

I guess 6 is the best I can do with this setting.  Is there any other setting I can change to get things any better?

I am doing this with the first mask, the Phillips DreamWear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 09:03 PM)Plmnb Wrote: For the heck of it I just tried the ResMed.
It’s like the mask is puffing around the edges, like the mask is trying to let out a burp.
Do any of my descriptions make sense?
Yes that's normal and means it's sealing well.  The mask should do that as pressure raises.
If it actually "burps" then it's leaking briefly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2020, 09:23 PM)Plmnb Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 08:14 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: Do you mean you can't breathe IN or you can't breathe OUT?....

Wellll, this is better.  I changed the start EPAP to 6.  It’s almost fine, but just a little off.  I want to put it to 6.5 but it won’t go any higher than 6.
I guess 6 is the best I can do with this setting.  Is there any other setting I can change to get things any better?
I am doing this with the first mask, the Phillips DreamWear.
Well sure there is.... it sounds like you prefer the higher inhale pressures.
In that case, instead of trying to set Start EPAP higher.... simply increase Minimum EPAP upwards
say..7 or 8 or.....

We expect the machine kick in and go higher anyway getting closer to the sleep study titration

This is getting closer towards what slowriter was saying earlier about there being a spread between the starting values and the titrated levels of 18/14

If you want to IMMEDIATELY get those higher pressures then ... turn the ramp OFF again
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 970 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,592 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 237 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.