Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Did you try increasing Timin? That could help with the current machine.

Another thing I would have been interested to try is using S mode and increasing rise time(probably with an increase in Timin as well). This combination of adjustments would increase how fast the machine reaches IPAP and it would continue to build pressure even if the airway closes as it appears to be doing).

That may allow the current machine to build enough pressure to keep airway open(or re-open it) when these nasty flow limitation like periods are happening.

Not sure how long it will take take to get the ST-A, if it is going to be a while you could try the above.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think we increased TiMin to 0.7. Phoebe will have to confirm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Geer1 & Sleeprider.

Yes, Geer1...We tried a couple of times on S mode.  This was 1/8/19 and 1/9/19.  PS was set at 6.00, EPAP 12.00. IPAP 18.00.  I don't remember anything else like Ti stuff or anything except for something having to do with the number 7 along the way somewhere.  I had some of my highest AHI since starting therapy on those dates, as well as a plethora of various events.  So we decided this was not the way to proceed.  Nothing has worked so far to help me get some decent sleep.  With everything we have tried, and we have tried an infinite number of settings,+ cervical collars, pillow height, side vs back sleeping, the list goes on. This ST-A may be my best hope.  Fingers crossed. (Need an emoji for that).

Sleeprider, The ST-A has been in fact ordered.  DME says I should have it next week.  I asked for the prescription numbers and she said:

6cm - 20cm
Timed 1
Breath or breathing?, (can't read my own short hand), Rate 12

Does this sound correct?  Or has something been left out?

I was going to download the clinician's manual but it says the name has to be exact and there appear to be two different ResMed ST-A machines.  So I was going to wait until I receive it.

Regards,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the manual:
ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A

Without knowing the setup mode, the numbers don't mean much. It doesn't sound like iVAPS.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are ST settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1,

Do you have any idea how the new prescription numbers in the ST mode compare to my current settings listed in my profile, if comparable at all?  If I understand correctly, this machine has many hats, including the A mode in addition to ST only mode, + other modes?

And if the ST mode does not work, we will try the A mode?

I guess I will be reading the manual, but I'm sure it will start out being over my head, at least for a while.

Sincerely,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you imagine how uncomfortable 20/6 would be in ST mode? Wow!

Phoebe, we wont' be using those settings. Keep it under your hat. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove

No problemo Sleeprider.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Missed that part... My guess is miscommunication as those stated settings are either wrong or missing information.

I would ask them to set it up so you can see what they believe is necessary then you can review the settings prior to use and modify if necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the "problem" with asking what the settings will be is that the Duck doc or RT will guard that secret like the Classic Coke formula or the KFC herbs and spices info.

Anywho I hope the ST-A does excellent when you get it and mask up.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 237 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.