Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Question 
In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
I like to be prepared.  I read in a thread recently that the op should start a new thread (can’t remember why), because his thread was getting quite long.

When I get my BIPAP, replacing my CPAP, should I too start a new thread?

Regards,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
You can make it this one if you like.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider.

I feel sort of dumb asking, but:

When you say I can make it this one, do you mean start a new thread now?  Or do you mean use this thread?  If you mean this thread, would it appear in the main thread area?

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct!  I'll move it to the main forum shortly.

EDIT: Done -Moved to the Main Forum.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!

Spoke to Dr. Office this morning. Sleep lab manager was great. She said it would take 2-3 days for review and report. She also volunteered to put my review before other patients due to my situation.

The only I worry I have is she said, and I paraphrase here...”and IF everything points to it we will switch you to BIPAP...”

I did at that point quadruple confirm my previous CPAP experience and surgery notes being in my file.

I appreciate the continuing support.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as “BiPAP” means Aircurce 10 Vauto. That’s great.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee
Good morning Sleeprider,

When I spoke to the Sleep Lab Manager, I told her I want a particular machine.  She started to tell me something about a Phillips machine and I cut in and said no, "I want the ResMed Air Curve 10 VAuto" as I was instructed by ya'all previously.  She said she was writing it down.  I'm fairly certain she was, because I had to spell out VAuto.  She gave the impression she was unfamiliar with this particular model. As everyone has suggested, I also told her that I want a hard copy prescription for the machine.

"Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel",
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used both Philips and Resmed auto bilevel machines. My results don't seem to be a poor on the Philips as many I have seen here, but the event counts are higher. I prefer the responsiveness of the Vauto, and especially the Easybreathe™ shape of the pressure (mask pressure). You have been using a Resmed machine, and getting used to BiFlex after using Easybreathe is not great as it feels like the machine is out of sync. Resmed follows and supports and Philips often leads respiration. Most professionals at DMEs and doctor offices will try to tell you there is no difference, but there is.

There are also financial incentives for prescribing a particular brand. Philips is very aggressive in this regard. Want to see who is paying your doctor? Check this out https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
Hmmm.  Thank you for the additional information Sleeprider.

I looked up my doctor and it looks like he has received quite a sum of money, but it appears to be mostly speaking engagements.  I will review further just for the curiosity.

As always, appreciate your guidance,
Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Those "speaking engagements" often consist of a manufacturer giving the Doctor a previously prepared Powerpoint presentation and a script.
Basically the Doctor is doing Sales & Marketing for the manufacturer while giving the impression of "authority" and "authenticity" and "unbiased" opinion.
I wouldn't be surprised if they wear a white coat at the podium with a stethoscope around their neck to add to the illusion.
Needless to say, if you are seeing the Doctor for medical treatment they will probably prescribe the same product or drug and give you 10 reasons why "it's new and although it's very expensive the studies seem to show that it's really very good".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,194 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,572 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 525 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 230 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.