Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Question 
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Thinking-about

Happy New Year Everyone.

Question, I was reading the thread: ResMed AirCurve And RERAS and I am a little wary of the fact that this machine does not appear to register the RERAS.

This machine has been strongly recommended to me by our esteemed board members.  They are aware that I have had pretty lousy RERA count, among other things, like my flow limitations.

Should I go with the fact that OVERALL, this BIPAP machine will be the best for my apnea, even if it does not count RERA events?  If this IS the case, and questions about my RERA situation pop up while on my new ResMed AirCurve Vauto BIPAP, (assuming the dr. office listened to me when I told them I must have this machine), will members of the board be patient and kind enough to help determine what is going on with the RERAs based on the other charts?  It seems a little complicated.

Regards,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Realize that the autosets also do a VERY poor job of identifying RERAs.  The fact that even one is indicated means a closer look is needed, the same look that needs to occur with the VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
I replied in that thread and won't repeat here, except to say the individual that started that thread solved their problem. RERA is always a function of flow limitation, and that is the root problem we want to solve. You can identify RERA easily without an event flag if you know what you're looking for, so I consider this inconsequential compared to the better efficacy and targeting of FL.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you bonjour for your reply.

So,...Would the OSCAR report for the new BIPAP be like the one for my CPAP?  The RERAs always show up as a bunch of yellow lines with my current machine & OSCAR reports.  Are you saying that the RERAs that have been showing up on my past reports may not be accurate either and it is only through the examination of my flow information that you were able to determine my RERA situation and we will be doing the same with the reports that will generate from the BIPAP?

I apologize for being dense on this.

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guarantee you that your RERA issue is worse than what the AutoSet says. On an AutoSet I "treat" the listed RERAs because it is an easy indicator. Then see how you feel and then treat as appropriate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider. (Happy New Year)

Sorry, I did not see your reply when I was typing my last question.

I think I got it.

(Of course I will need some guidance at first).

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Hi All.

What a day.  Had appointment with the ENT.  Brought charts and notes as suggested.  Picked-up BIPAP Titration Report.  Picked-up BIPAP machine.

ENT: Addressed issues non-apnea related.  Addressed OSA issues.  OSA RELATED: Bottom line according to the doctor: My tongue is too big for me.  As per the dr. this is the reason for my flow issues, RERA, apneas, etc.  (She did mention I have narrow nasal passages.  No new issues with turbinates.  No new polyps.  Septum WAS corrected during prior surgery.  I do have a tiny hole in something or another, too small at this time to worry about.  Her recommendation: See how it goes with BIPAP and if it doesn't work, investigate the newer implants for treating sleep apnea.  (A couple of medications were prescribed for my other issue that might help with my breathing through my nose better).

In this post are my Base Line Reports.  The immediate next 2 posts will have my BIPAP Titrations Reports.  And the 3rd post will have pictures I took of the settings set by the DME on the new BIPAP.

Are the settings that have been set be what I should start with?  (I already changed the humidity level to what I was set at on my CPAP.  The DME lady said the settings that have been made are similar to what I was on with the CPAP.  I think she said I still need the higher pressures)?

Excited to hear ya'lls input.

Plmnb

[attachment=18604]      [attachment=18605]  
[attachment=18606]
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Here are the first few pages of the BIPAP TITRATION:

attachment=18607][attachment=18608][attachment=18609]
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
The last page of BIPAP TITRATION:  Not sure what this is about.  

[attachment=18610]
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
The settings on the BIPAP:

attachment=18611][attachment=18612][attachment=18613]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,070 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 545 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 815 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,277 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,364 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,764 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 11 272 04-06-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.