Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
(01-24-2020, 09:51 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Have a look at your post #429 at the chart listed as 1/10.  Your FLOW LIMIT chart is set at -60+60. Usually it's 0-1

Thanks Jeff8356.  I'm positive I'm pretty positive I was advised to change this axis previously, that is why that od chart has that measurement.  And all my charts for weeks and weeks have been this way and no one has said anything until now?  I'm really confused.  But as I said when I change to this new request it is unreadable.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
In this chart, the flow rate and everything else is just fine, but the flow limit graph is on a -60 to +60 scale:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=19349]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh-jeez

I am soooo sorry ya'all...I am so lost.  Please, if you would be so kind please detail what the axis should be for:

A: FLOW RATE
B: FLOW LIMIT

There was a moment in time when I on my own I changed the axis measurements in some areas, in addition to being advised to make some adjustments.  I don't remember what was what or which was which.

I'll try to make the adjustments again and if the unreadable happens again I'll ask for help in the software area.  Maybe I have a glitch now.

Thank you...thank you...please bear with me.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry.. missed the question earlier...

No we are not shooting for absolutely zero flow limitations. That would certainly be nice. However your physiology is what it is.
We know your mouth is small and your tongue is large so we'd be setting unrealistic goals if we try to get them to zero with a device set at 6.8.
However.... with an ASV.... well.... maybe... just maybe. Remember that an ASV will go much higher than 6.8 if it thinks it needs to (at least temporarily).

EDIT: Make the axes fit the data better.
In other words
FLOW LIMIT goes 0.0 to 1.0
FLOW RATE goes -60.0 to +60.0
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you ApneaQuestions for that response.  Solidifies in my mind what the goal here is.

BUT  Crying-into-tissueregarding axis numbers. I'm mixed up.
Post Reply Post Reply
oops, crossed posts.  OK Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have a look at the chart you posted for 1/23, the chart scales look correct on that one.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2020, 09:23 AM)Plmnb Wrote: Hello DaveL!  Thank you so much for your interest in my case.

It isn't a hose issue, my husband created a way to hold it up to alleviate the "rain effect" and it seems to be doing the job.  The only thing it could be is my mask and I have had a huge improvement actually since switching to foam.  The curious thing to me is that I have FLOW LIMIT issues with or without LEAKs.

From approximately 2:00AM to approximately 2:45AM There are no leak events listed.  My corresponding video time stamps show I am not having any noticeable movement and I am on my side.  At approximately 2:45AM, according to the chart I start a LARGE LEAK EVENT.  The corresponding video time stamps show that I have moved from my side to my back, my naturally preferred position, I appear to be sleeping peacefully, AND for some reason no leak alarm is going.  Usually I can find where I am trying to adjust the straps.  I remember doing some adjusting last night, just not sure when.

So, it is a conundrum for sure.   Dont-know

Sincerely,
Plmnb

Sleep quality is so important.
Long long time ago i started cpap therapy. I had my first mask for 5 years. It leaked a lot; so much that I used to wake up to see if my mask was leaking! It was a Breeze. I broke it, and got a new mask.
Now my benefits (used to) pay for a new mask every 6 months.
If my mask works, I get the same one. 
I've compared mask performance, and the condition of the masks and headgear.
I buy a mask now when it starts to leak, if my leakage is steadily getting worse.
I compare the head gear too. My last comparison showed that my headgear had stretched a lot in 6 months. That's because I keep tightening the straps.
Only saying this in case it helps. Could it be time for a new mask and headgear?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Did I get it correct????

ZOOM OF GOOD PERIOD

[attachment=19367]

Should I bother to repost OVERVIEW with corrected axis?  Or is it a waste of your time?

If this is corect measurement I'll post the bad waves.

Plmnb
Post Reply Post Reply
It was I who suggested that you change FLOW RATE to be +/-60 several weeks ago.
That's because you had the axes set so wide that we could not see the details of the FLOW RATE graph.

You brain somehow recently short-circuited and applied the same values to FLOW LIMIT
I guess they both contain the word "flow" and you simply aren't thinking straight.
Lack of sleep can do that as we all know.

EDIT: That last post is better
Yes let's see the overview and the bad flows with these axes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 959 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,206 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,582 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 535 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 232 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.