Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
RE: In anticipation of my BIPAP Re: New Thread
Feel free to shoot the messenger this time... it may finally put an end to my confusion. ;-)

If you weren't having a heart attack... did you conclude what it was and if it was possibly a panic attack or something?

Check out the mental health section of this article talking about the possible effects of marijuana.
https://www.mhanational.org/risky-busine...ijuana-use

Marijuana use can cause symptoms of mental health problems like psychosis (hallucinations), anxiety (panic attacks), depression, and sleep disorders, but these symptoms generally fade after the effect of the drug has worn off. [11]

Do any of those ring a bell?   The last part of that sentence sounds like a bit of a tautology to me.  "the drug symptoms generally fade when the drug effects fade".  

Today's MJ is not the same as the old Haight-Ashbury stuff of the 60s.  The THC levels have been selectively cultivated to much higher levels.  But you knew that.

<<<< bang! >>>>

By the way.. your comment about information not transferring from one doctor to another is spot on!  That's why I recently built a database of all my medical information from all my providers to make sure that I have it all in one place.  I also switched to Kaiser Permanente to make sure that there was a single database that all my doctors can refer to without me needing to tell them about my various test results and MRIs and Xrays etc... but I tell them anyway to try to avoid any mistakes. 

Have a good one.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was a quiet day in paradise so I went back through your two main threads doing some data-mining.

Unfortunately, many of your attachments are now vanished into the ether so I couldn't get all the data I was hoping to find.

All I did was to pull the 95% Flow Limits number from each of your uploads.

Based on that number alone, I think we can predict what your graphs are going to look like.

1) If the value is tiny (say 0.1 or less) your waveforms will look pretty good
2) If the value is small (say 0.2 or less) your waveforms will look decent
3) If the value is medium (say higher than 0.2 but less than 0.4 ) your waveforms will look decent in places and horrible in other places
4) If the value is large (say 0.4 or higher) your waveforms will look awful in many places.

So that's the only number I care about going forward unless you have some particularly interesting thing that you want to point out or ask about.

Here is the data I managed to extract from your two threads.

Wouldn't it be nice if the OSCAR overview tab gave us the option to show these numbers over time?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR does track the 95% and maximum Flow Limitation in Overview statistics. It is presented graphically, on the scale of 0 to 1 but if the Y-axis is overridden, a setting of 0 to 0.5 gives pretty good resolution. The overview of FL can be compared to overview of Pressure, and you can see the effect of PS on FL. Hovering the cursor over the chart will give the daily median, 95% and maximum. For those of us with very low FL, the y-axis can be set from 0 to 0.1 or 0.2. At that resolution only the 95% will likely show. Give it a try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the heads up. :-)

Phoebe.. it might be interesting for you to glance at those values to get the big picture on your flow limitations through time.

To turn the Flow Limits and PS values on in the Overview tab you may need to hunt down the preferences and activate them, they were turned off in my case. I'm not sure if that's the default condition or if I played around months ago in the past.

File->Preferences->Waveforms then toggle them on

See image for details

EDIT:
It doesn't look like EPR is interpreted as being equivalent to PS so your AutoSet data may not show any values.
Also, don't be fooled by the S mode dropping the values to zero... remember that S mode does not report some values.
In my case, my ASV days didn't show any values for PS either.
Still.. better than nothing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Made it home in one piece.  Was worried about driving because I did start to nod off a couple of times at work.

AQ, I was going to post the zooms you were interested in tonight, but after reviewing all your comments and then reviewing my video clips, I have decided that I REALLY need to do my experiment of sleeping in the guest room tonight before posting anything else.  I know you wanted to see them, but it just is very important to me that we get as an accurate picture of what the heck is really going on as possible.

So after finishing this post I'm going to tackle setting up my equipment in the guest room and try to figure out a way to explain to my husband when he gets home, my reasoning for trying the experiment.

If my suspicions are correct the new bed we have been wanting to buy will be changing style.  A co-worker today told me how a memory foam mattress may be something I should really look in to for my situation.  She said that if a person on one side of the bed moves, then the other person won't feel the movement on their side of the bed.  I don't think ALL my poor therapy results are because of my husband negatively impacting my sleep, but from the videos, it might well be among the contributing factors.

However, it is very curious to me that movement and sound from hubby could make me have sleep arousals(?) because he has a very hard time waking me up when I do things like my "yoga" sitting.

As to the settings for the charts, my preferences are already set the way you suggest setting them.  I'm not sure I understand you and sleeprider about adjusting the OSCAR settings in the manner you explain in the recent posts.  I think I am a little too tired right now to digest what you guys want me to do with these preferences and stuff.

SOOOO.....the BIG tease...stay tuned for tomorrow when I post my OPERATION GUEST ROOM EXPERIMENT OSCAR CHARTS.   Bigwink

Good night all!

EDIT: Well, I don't think the operation will happen, at least at this time.  I told my husband of my plan and asked if he would mind.  Bottom line: He minds.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
On a more positive note, I think, I do believe I have had two dreams/nightmares since starting therapy.

I think that is a good sign?

I haven't had a dream or nightmare in a million million years!

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re-read the last few posts when you are more awake and you should get what I was saying.

I'm not particularly interested in your zooms any longer for the reasons I mentioned.
All I am really interested in now is the single number from the statistics table telling us the 95% flow limitation value.

The only reason I'm interested in seeing THAT is to decide if another bump on PS might be justified or not.

I think you can make these judgement calls for yourself now though.. don't you? You've got the hang of how this all fits together.
However, by all means... post more daily summaries and the usual zoom stuff and ask more questions if you want to and I'll do my best to answer them.
Post Reply Post Reply
AQ,
Well, since I'm NOT off to set up my experiment  Oh-jeez I want to work on the OVERVIEW 95% biz.

I have OVERVIEW tab open and I'm looking at a bunch of short and tall colorful stack looking shapes.  Is that the view we want?  When I run my cursor over each stack I can read exactly what the 95% measurement is.

Do you want me to post a screenshot of this tab?  If so only the FLOW LIMIT graph or?

Plmnb

EDIT:  Dont-know about making my own calls on adjustments.  I'm not real comfortable yet to do that I believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't worry about creating the overview chart if it's not intuitively clear to you what it represents and why I was interested in it.

You are still fighting daytime fatigue and I don't think your brain power would be best spent on a crash course in data analysis and statistics at this time.

It makes more sense for you to concentrate on things that matter like sleep hygiene and maybe considering some changes based on the information in those "don't shoot the messenger" posts.
Post Reply Post Reply
lots-o-coffee MAIN ULTIMATE CONCLUSIONS FROM ALL THE FOLLOWING INFO: MY HUSBAND IS NOT OVERLY, IF AT ALL, NEGATIVELY IMPACTING MY THERAPY AND PS 6.80 / PS 7.0 MAY NOT MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

PLEASE DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING POST IF THIS TYPE OF POST WILL BORE YOU. DATA AND OBSERVATIONS MAY BE SERIOUSLY FLAWED.

The following is confusing to me, so I'm pretty certain it may not make sense to you.  I tried very hard to line times up and explain things, but not having any experience doing this type of thing, it might be a non-sensical mess and I apologize. 

Well, the experiment didn't quite take place the way I thought it would.  Husband didn't like the idea of my sleeping in guest room.  However, since he wasn't going to get home until later in the evening, I went to sleep prior. I had planned on sleeping the entire night at PS 6.80, but ended up doing a split PS with the second part of my night at PS 7.0.  But, I wasn't really doing the experiment for PS reason, I was doing it to see if my husband's activities impacted my sleep.

CONCLUSION FIRST PART OF EXPERIMENT:  ALL instances of FLOW LIMITATION and restlessness, including "yoga" sitting, are NOT caused by husband "infecting"/affecting my sleep.  Basically, I can have them wether or not he is present, moving or disturbing me. PS setting 6.80 does NOT prevent ALL FLOW LIMITATIONS, awakenings, movement.

RE: 1/25: I started at my more recent PS of 6.80 HUSBAND NOT PRESENT - Finished at PS 7.0 HUSBAND PRESENT

1/25 VIDEO CLIP OBSERVATIONS & CORRESPONDING OSCAR DATA  PS 6.80 - NO HUSBAND PRESENT ON BED OR MAKING NOISE & NO LARGE LEAKS DURING TIME SPECIFIED 

APPROXIMATELY 23:34:21 to 23:55:20  A few separate FLOW LIMIT readings ranging from .01 to .27
APPROXIMATELY 23:59:03 to 00:04:11  A few separate FLOW LIMIT readings ranging from .07 to .31

(PS still at 6.80, Husband had returned home from work at approximately 24:26:00, I was sound asleep, still utilizing therapy, he could be heard on video making noise in living room and can be seen entering bedroom, but he did not sit on bed, he did not speak to me, basically he did not disturb or "infect"/affect my sleep.  He did not sit on bed until approximately  12:49:00 (Video time stamp

At approximately 1:22AM video time stamp until 1:47AM video time stamp, I can be seen where I have sat up "yoga" style with mask on and sleeping, then at some point, not seen in video, I have taken mask off and continue to sleep "yoga" style.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONCLUSION SECOND PART OF EXPERIMENT: (POSSIBLY INCONCLUSIVE), A PS setting of 7.0, DOES NOT APPEAR TO PREVENT FLOW LIMITATION IN ITS ENTIRETY, AND ACTUALLY MY ONLY RECORDED EVENTS OF HYPOPNEA AND OBSTRUCTIVE EVENTS OCCURRED DURING PS 7.0 PORTION OF EXPERIMENT.  THE OA OCCURRED DURING A LARGE LEAK BUT THE HYPOPNEA WAS NOT DURING LARGE LEAK.  I AM UNABLE TO DETERMINE POSSIBLE ACTIVITY DURING HYPOPNEA AT 3:15AM BECAUSE THERE WAS NO VIDEO CLIP.

VIDEO CLIP OBSERVATIONS & CORRESPONDING OSCAR DATA: Period of being fully awake, then I returned to sleep and therapy at approximately 3:09:40 at PS 7.0. Husband NOT PRESENT, SITTING ON BED UNTIL 3:31:10.  OF POSSIBLE INTEREST FOR PURPOSE OF EXPERIMENT, IS THE FACT THAT I HAD FLOW LIMITATIONS WITHOUT HUSBAND BEING PRESENT WITH AND/OR WITHOUT LARGE LEAK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FLOW LIMITATION VALUES 95% LAST 7 NIGHTS:  1.69 AVG 95%

1/25:  .10 (PS 6.80 From 23:04:12 to 0:21:10     PS 7.0 From 03:39:39 to 04:08::39 MAJORITY OF ENTIRE NIGHT WITH LARGE EXTENDED LEAK PERIOD(S)
1/24:  .32 (PS 6.80)
1/23:  .11 (PS 6.80)
1/22:  .07 (PS 6.80)
1/21:  .19 (PS 6.80)
1/20:  .33 (PS 6.80)
1/19:  .57 (PS 6.60)

FLOW LIMITATION VALUES 95% PREVIOUS 7 NIGHTS: 1.65 AVG 95%

1/18   .05 (PS 6.60)
1/17   .12 (PS 6.60)
1/16   .45 (PS 6.60)
1/15   .18 (PS 6.60)
1/14   .65 (PS 6.40)
1/13   .13 (PS 6.40)
1/12   .07 (PS 6.40)

OVERVIEW 1-25-20 . W/red boxes highlighting two areas without Large Leaks.

[attachment=19427]

I HOPE THIS IS CORRECT, BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY THE FLOW RATES DO NOT APPEAR.

[attachment=19428]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,588 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 538 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 234 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.