Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In case you wondered about the C-100 battery performance...
In case you wondered about the C-100 battery performance...
My power went out at 2:30 AM and after getting on the power company's website with my phone I determined it would be off the rest of the night (it was) so using the phone as a flashlight, i got my charged up C-100 and plugged her in. Things were humming along fine and with a self-satisfied grin I fell back to sleep. Woke straining for air one and a half hours later... Battery ALL GONE Huh

got *this response* from the BPS person I found through email (hey, at least they respond to email) after telling them no humidification is no go!

BPS Wrote:The humidifier is truly an X-factor. We do our best to provide the realistic scenario but with the humidifier on board the runtimes can be substantially lower. This can depend on the humidifier settings as well... A unit with the humidifier turned all the way up might only run 1-2 hours. Are you using heated tubing as well? If you are not willing to forgo the humidifier, as we suggest, this will require a larger capacity battery.

I get really crabby with no sleep Wrote:And that would double my run time to 3hrs? For an additional $300. I am underwhelmed. I truly expected more from the unit, the seller and the company.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In case you wondered about the C-100 battery performance...
(07-16-2015, 03:35 PM)DariaVader Wrote: My power went out at 2:30 AM and after getting on the power company's website with my phone I determined it would be off the rest of the night (it was) so using the phone as a flashlight, i got my charged up C-100 and plugged her in. Things were humming along fine and with a self-satisfied grin I fell back to sleep. Woke straining for air one and a half hours later... Battery ALL GONE Huh

got *this response* from the BPS person I found through email (hey, at least they respond to email) after telling them no humidification is no go!

BPS Wrote:The humidifier is truly an X-factor. We do our best to provide the realistic scenario but with the humidifier on board the runtimes can be substantially lower. This can depend on the humidifier settings as well... A unit with the humidifier turned all the way up might only run 1-2 hours. Are you using heated tubing as well? If you are not willing to forgo the humidifier, as we suggest, this will require a larger capacity battery.

I get really crabby with no sleep Wrote:And that would double my run time to 3hrs? For an additional $300. I am underwhelmed. I truly expected more from the unit, the seller and the company.

Never heard of a c-100 bat so went looking at it. about 8 amp/hours. Sorry but that isn't big enough to do much more than a half a day under the best of conditions. send it back.
get you 2 T-100 golf cart batteries for $275 ($125 ea) and you will have about 100 usable hours w/o humidifier and heated hose
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 04:00 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Never heard of a c-100 bat so went looking at it. about 8 amp/hours. Sorry but that isn't big enough to do much more than a half a day under the best of conditions. send it back.
get you 2 T-100 golf cart batteries for $275 ($125 ea) and you will have about 100 usable hours w/o humidifier and heated hose

Those are too big for me to move around in the middle of the night (or leave by the bed...) I am sincerely disappointed in the C-100

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 04:08 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 04:00 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Never heard of a c-100 bat so went looking at it. about 8 amp/hours. Sorry but that isn't big enough to do much more than a half a day under the best of conditions. send it back.

Those are too big for me to move around in the middle of the night (or leave by the bed...) I am sincerely disappointed in the C-100
You know your home and I don't but can you put them elsewhere and run an extension cable?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 04:14 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: You know your home and I don't but can you put them elsewhere and run an extension cable?

I could, but unless it's his idea the other half would moan until it was removed Big Grin It would actually be difficult unless theyd go under the bed, but they look too big - and you would have to do what to charge them?

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, that's real bad performance. I'm sticking with my plan to get a couple golf cart batteries and shove them in the closet. I might look into getting one of those cheap $8 moving dollys from a certain synonym for port - freight company, and put the batteries on that for easy moving.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I wondered. Thanks for posting Daria. I think my $150 computer UPS was maybe a decent purchase, now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the C100 and bought it fully informed of it's capability. I use it as a travel battery and get 8 hrs with my S8 Elite II CPAP running without humidifier on 8cm. My recent new setting is 10 but I have not used the battery yet at that pressure. It takes 4 hrs to recharge. It is very compact which is why it is expensive. It has been meeting my needs.
I am planning on setting up a 12 V (or 2 6V) deep cycle battery for my main machine at home. I will charge it with my Deltran 5 amp battery tender and keep it on a tray either under my bed or on a movable platform as AlanE suggested. I haven't decided on the exact battery because I don't have enough data yet.Smile
Meanwhile I will use the C100 and hope the power is not out for more than 1 night. In a pinch I could drive to a neighborhood with power to recharge it. I can also take it to my RV and recharge it there, either using power in the storage garage or using the RV generator. I really don't want to be without my XPAP.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
We've had a lot of power outages lately due to thunder storms. I'll mark that one off the list if I see it. With my high pressure needs, I need all the umph I can get.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ultimately I am going to build a big cpap "UPS" consisting of a pair of T-100s or T-125s and a battery charger big enough to power two machines and run both cpap machines directly from the cpap batteries. Power goes off I will never know until the next trip to the head. ConfusedHa_biggrin

The fancy alternative is to separate a branch circuit for the cpaps to the bedroom and put the cpap batteries in the garage (if I ever get around to building it) and a pure sine wave inverter to power the cpap branch.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 76 10 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 185 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 260 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 248 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,437 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.