Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In case you wondered about the C-100 battery performance...
RE: In case you wondered about the C-100 battery performance...
(07-16-2015, 04:18 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 04:14 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: You know your home and I don't but can you put them elsewhere and run an extension cable?

I could, but unless it's his idea the other half would moan until it was removed Big Grin It would actually be difficult unless theyd go under the bed, but they look too big - and you would have to do what to charge them?

Rolleyes So tell him you wondered about remoting a UB121000 battery in a MinnKota Trolling Motor Power Center but then you thought naw Unsure that could never work because running the wire and finding the right kind of charger would be too complicated.... but maybe it could fit under the bed and because it is an AGM it wouldn't stink but it is toooo heavy @ 60# for you manage an probably too big to fit anyway and besides how would you ever charge it ...so you will just have to continue to be super crabby any time the power fails ..... and then let him explain how he had a Great Idea how it could all be done (because he is smarter than a gurl) Dielaughing

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Heated humidification is really a killer when trying to run off batteries. Probably by a factor of 10 time. If you have to go to battery and you still need humidification, go passive only. Or plan on having an industrial sized battery farm.

The 35 AH AGMs are fairly manageable - about 25 pounds with built in handles - and will run my PR S1 560 for at least 4-5 full nights. Without heated humidification. Check ResMed's battery guide to see what you can realistically expect. Anything a battery company or online seller tells you WRT what their battery will do, just ignore. Because it is probably a lot of fluff that doesn't play in the real world.

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/a...lo_eng.pdf

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
We can say "Harbor Freight" - just can't put a link in here that drives to their site.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Might want to check out the Diehard Jump Packs. We have 2 of them for backup power

I know that my wife used her PRS1 cpap at a pressure of 15cm for 2 full nights without recharging it (No humidifier) So no more then 2 days out of it.

I also tested it, with my PRS1 at 13cm and the humidifier set to 2 for 8 hours. it was down to 30% charge after that. Made it the night but no more.

Now a Z1 Auto will run on it for 6 days without recharge.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you needed humidification pick up a few HME and use them on those nights you need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2015, 08:53 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: We can say "Harbor Freight" - just can't put a link in here that drives to their site.

OMMOHY

Thankyouthankyouthankyou. Oh, and Thanks

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have both a C-100 and an AGM set up, but just for reference I got seven hours out of the C-100 using a Transcend travel machine with no humidification and there was still around 15% battery left.

Lithium battery when you need to go light weight and small like on an airplane, go lead acid/AGM when weight, and size don't matter so much. Cost also a factor as the lithium batteries are expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
The result of my conversations with the manufacturer are that
  • The operational time reflects straight cpap at 10 cmh20. Higher pressures don't take a little more power they take a lot more power. Auto PAP is also an increase in the power draw.
  • Although the literature says humidification will give you half or in some cases less than half, in actuality any humidification will suck the battery down very quickly. The manufacturers recommendation is for no humidification.
  • they will allow me to take a refund

but i really really wish they actually had a compact solution that will work for me Sad
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a C-100--got it for Christmas but haven't used it yet. It is mainly for use when dry camping in our trailer in the summer. My husband uses the 12V cigarette lighter plug that runs off the T-105 trailer batteries. I won't sleep in the same room with a regular battery and can't lift much, so hope the C-100 works for me. We have a portable generator capable of recharging the batteries and the C-100 at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2015, 08:48 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: The 35 AH AGMs are fairly manageable - about 25 pounds with built in handles

That's what I use as my power failure backup and on the boat. They're relatively cheap. I recall mine was $60-something with free shipping. The ResMed 12v to 24v DC-DC converter was the more expensive part of the solution.

I have a Battery Tender Jr I use to occasionally top it up. It's sitting on my bureau at the moment. I should find a more aesthetically pleasing home for it. According to the voltmeter, I'm only using about 1/3 of the battery per night with the humidifier and heated hose disabled. I put a power meter on my machine and it looks like I could get about 5 hours out of a 35 amp-hour battery running the humidifier and heated hose.

I briefly looked at the TSA-compliant 100 watt-hour lithium batteries. 8 amp-hours at 12 volts won't last a night so I'd need at least two of them. I don't think I'm likely to ever buy one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 76 10 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 185 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 260 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 248 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,437 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.