Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In it for the full ride?
Put it this way, I already have diabetes. The leading cause of death is cardio vascular. The leading cause of death with those with sleep apnea is heart failure in sleep. Why do I want to increase my chances of early death?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're only using it for compliance, then you're using it for the wrong reason.

If I wake up an hour or so before my normal wake-up time, then I usually take it off. But if i wake up in the middle of the night, I always put it back on when I go back to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 03:54 PM)2PAPs Wrote: Put it this way, I already have diabetes. The leading cause of death is cardio vascular. The leading cause of death with those with sleep apnea is heart failure in sleep. Why do I want to increase my chances of early death?

Seems like badly chopped logic to me.

What do you think the leading cause of death for untreated sleep apnea is?

I have diabetes too, and take insulin every day. Doesn't stop me from using my machine whenever I sleep. Apnea is very stressful and if you are building up to a heart attack it might very well precipitate it early. CPAP therapy is known to reduce blood pressure and strengthen the heart. Mine has gone down 20 points since I started on CPAP.

Everybody dies of something sometime. If you have two chronic diseases the smart thing seems to me to be getting them both treated properly.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

The above is my opinion.  It is just possible that I may, occasionally, be mistaken.

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Everything put together sooner or later falls apart.
Your brain is not the boss.
Our forefathers took drugs.
He's no fun he fell right over.
Post Reply Post Reply

All night, usually 7+ hours. I sleep so much better with my machine that maintaining it and putting on and wearing the mask all night is easily worthwhile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto here. I may not like doing the therapy, but I hate being miserable the next day when I can't get it done.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lip gets stuck- full face mask (F10/F20) regbeach 2 136 06-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Melman
Smile The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask Rastur 16 857 06-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Maskup N. Sleepwell
  Full Face Mask and Sensation of Suffocating Dreams of Green 9 335 06-05-2017, 03:43 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Full face bearded man smiledog 4 261 06-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  First full nights sleep! DannyG 2 222 05-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  Full mask help Adiamond87 6 209 05-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Moving from full face to nasal mask tedgreen 4 240 05-15-2017, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket