Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In it for the full ride?
Put it this way, I already have diabetes. The leading cause of death is cardio vascular. The leading cause of death with those with sleep apnea is heart failure in sleep. Why do I want to increase my chances of early death?
If you're only using it for compliance, then you're using it for the wrong reason.

If I wake up an hour or so before my normal wake-up time, then I usually take it off. But if i wake up in the middle of the night, I always put it back on when I go back to bed.
(09-30-2015, 03:54 PM)2PAPs Wrote: Put it this way, I already have diabetes. The leading cause of death is cardio vascular. The leading cause of death with those with sleep apnea is heart failure in sleep. Why do I want to increase my chances of early death?

Seems like badly chopped logic to me.

What do you think the leading cause of death for untreated sleep apnea is?

I have diabetes too, and take insulin every day. Doesn't stop me from using my machine whenever I sleep. Apnea is very stressful and if you are building up to a heart attack it might very well precipitate it early. CPAP therapy is known to reduce blood pressure and strengthen the heart. Mine has gone down 20 points since I started on CPAP.

Everybody dies of something sometime. If you have two chronic diseases the smart thing seems to me to be getting them both treated properly.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.

All night, usually 7+ hours. I sleep so much better with my machine that maintaining it and putting on and wearing the mask all night is easily worthwhile.
Ditto here. I may not like doing the therapy, but I hate being miserable the next day when I can't get it done.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] full mask mayhem mouthbreathersidesleeper 10 310 01-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: mouthbreathersidesleeper
  Moisturizing creams for full mask users Ibiban 3 310 12-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] what is the best full mask for high bridge nose plz right 6 265 12-15-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  New mask time. Full face and high nose bridge recommendations please muddles 3 243 12-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Need full face mask advice Bob32256 13 986 12-11-2016, 02:10 AM
Last Post: pjfollyfarm
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 483 11-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  Nasal pillow Vs full face unofon 4 654 10-27-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: unofon