Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Incidents of waking
Incidents of waking
The machines report apnea events, through algorithms analyzing air pressure signals sensed by the CPAP, and sensed at the machine and not at the point of delivery. As an engineer I find this somewhat questionable.

Even assuming that this is accurate, and I suspect it is largely accurate, though probably with some incidents missed and some false positives, it still doesn't measure the number of times you awoke during the evening.

There is something called Upper respiratory arousal syndrome. Your struggling to breath causes you to wake up but it isn't an apnea. 

What tools or machines or sensors are there out there to sense whether you woke up or not?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Incidents of waking
EEG Electroencephalography (it's to my knowledge the only one that can do that)

if you want to try to guess such things from the flow-waveform you have to look for RERAs (most of them might turn out to be artefacts rather than real aoursals - on the other hand not every arousal based on respiratory effort might be scored)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 104 2 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 289 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 260 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.