Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Incline bed
RE: Incline bed
OK, a bit more serious, my extra bad back requires use of a hospital bed and air mattress. It has power head and foot tilt/incline. Even though I'm mostly a left side sleeper, I tilt the head several degrees and raise the foot a bit to raise my legs.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a side note where can I see what a good leak and flow limit rate look like?
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got a new bed, and it came with the incline-ability. I slept with it slightly inclined, and it wrecked my back. So I went to the chiro and got fixed, and he said the incline mattress supporter things (replaces the boxspring) are really hurting people's backs.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the leak rate and flow limit:

There's likely actual examples, but I'll just comment for now, flow limit best case would be a graph that has a flat zero line equalling no FL.

Leak rate graphs can include the ResMed allowed amount of 24 L/min and I think Respironics uses 40 L/min. However, being at those numbers suggest you have leaks that need addressed or therapy would likely suffer. Ideally, no leaks over the required venting amount is best. That doesn't mean it must be there, but as low as you can get it with consistency is a good target.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleeping on incline Gogirl 4 754 05-11-2023, 09:10 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Sleeping flat VS Incline Johnnyde94 11 1,916 12-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.