Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Incomplete and overlapping SleepyHead Data from Last Night
Incomplete and overlapping SleepyHead Data from Last Night
My data from last night was missing statistical data for pressure, leak rate, and flow limitations (the lines didn't even show in the statistical section) and there were no graphs for pressure, leak rate, snore, or flow limit. Also, although I got up briefly at 7am and then slept again until 9am the data show that the machine was off from 7 until 9 and then ran until 11. Also the graphs ended at 7am (and yes, I did check on the left and confirmed there were green flags for both periods).  This was the result of an apparent FlashPap timeout so maybe that corrupted the data.

So I decided to read the data again by inserting the card in my PC. After that I had pressure, leak rate, and flow limit data in the statistical section and charts as well, but the charts for those didn't begin until 8am. They were blank for the first part of the night. Also, the data show two overlapping sessions lasting close to 2 hours beginning at 8:03 and 9:03.

Although I've never used it before I thought I would try the "rebuild Data" option until I saw it gave me the choice of rebuilding data for a Philips Remstar BIPAp, which I have never used, or a ResMed AutoSet with the SN for my machine.  So I stopped there and decided to turn to the forum for help.

I've been using SleepyHead since 2/9/17 with no apparent problems. I started with a standard SD card on 2/9/17 and switched to a Flash/Air and FlashPap on 3/15/17. Until this week I had no problems with FlashAir with the exception of a couple of data transfer timeouts that were resolved by just waiting an hour or two. I’ve has timeout issues this week but hope I have that resolved. Tomorrow will tell.

And there's even more weirdness:

The machine information on Sleepyhead statistics page shows a Phillips BIPAP SN P12540074F8F6 with no first or last use dates as well as my ResMed Autoset (with correct first and last use dates).

The SD card that I got from my DME a week or so after I got my machine has folder named "P-Series" that contains a folder named with the SN of the Philips machine I have never owned. The data log folder, however, only has folders for the dates I used it in my machine ending with 3/14/17. Maybe it was once in a Phillips machine that was never used but.......

Today when I read my FlashAire card in the car reader of my PC SleepyHead said it was importing data from a Philips Remstar BIPAP. For all my FlashPap transfers it has said it was importing from my ResMed. So I looked at the folders on the FlashAire card and it has P-Series folder with a folder for the Philips machine identical to the folder on the card I got from the DME and the Data Log contains folders from when I first started using sleepyhead which was more than a month before I began using the FlashAire card.

My next thought was, maybe the machine has memory I'm not aware of, so I inserted a clean SD card in my ResMed machine, allowed it to format, and then looked at it with my PC. There is no P-Series folder and the data log only contains and empty folder for today.
Can anyone explain this?  Can I and should I delete the P-Series folder from my FlashAire card?

Why does the machine recognize the data as from a Philips machine when I read the card with my PC and from a ResMed machine when I use FlashAire?  (All of my daily data sheets identify the machine as a RedMed AirSense 10 AutoSet even for those days when the card was read directly by the computer.)
Why do I have a choice of rebuilding ResMed data or Philips data when there is no Philips data?

It’s hardly the end of the world if I never get last night’s data corrected but what do I do if I keep getting incomplete and incorrect data?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Incomplete and overlapping SleepyHead Data from Last Night
I would recommend that you copy the SD_WLAN directory to your PC. Format the SD card to a FAT32, then copy the SD_WLAN directory back to the card and install it in the A10 for further formatting. That will remove any Philips info.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to add that I would delete the "P-Series" directory on the computer as well.  This is because SleepyHead reads that directory for data import and that directory may be the cause of some of your problems.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red. I will do that. There is also a folder named PRS1_P12540074F8F6 in my SleepyHead data folder that I suspect should go to. It has a backup folder that contains the same P-series folder. It seems the whole folder should go and not just the P-series subfolder.

There is also a folder named ResMed_23162283110 which contains a data log with entries for all the dares I have used my machine. I'm thinking this is the file for my Resmed machine and needs to be kept.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. Since you never used a Philips, it would be safe to delete the information.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually what I usually do in a case like this is change the name of the folder or file slightly so it won't be recognized and sometimes move it to a different directory. That way if it turns out I need it I can retrieve it easily. But I suspect this one won't be missed.

Edit: This is what I did. There are now no recognizable folders with the references to the Philips machine on my computer and the flashaire card just has the W-Lan flder and the folders and fikes added by the Resmed formatting.  We'll see what tomorrow brings. Shy

Thanks for your help Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
All of the folders and files referencing the Philips machine have been removed from my computer and the flahsaire card. I reformatted the flashaire card as Red suggested. 

The Philips machine still shows up in the machine listing on the SH statistics page but I see there is and XML file in the SH directory that includes it. I plan to leave that alone unless someone with more expertise thinks it is a problem.

If I choose rebuild data choices for both machines still show up but if I select the Philips it warns me that there is no backup data. I suspect this is not a problem either since I will never select it.

I'm still having timeout problems with the FlashPap transfer. Late last night (Sunday) I had no problem transferring the data for Saturday night but this morning the transfer timed out for data for Sunday night.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
If you look in the SleepyHeadData/Profiles/Your User Name folder, you should see the Philips folder. You can move it out of that directory.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2017, 09:50 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you look in the SleepyHeadData/Profiles/Your User Name folder, you should see the Philips folder.  You can move it out of that directory.

I got rid of that yesterday. The Philips machine is listed in the machines file (an XML document) in the user name folder. It also lists my Resmed.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about that.  You might try making a backup copy of the machines.xml then edit the original file.  Look for a line that begins with "<machine class=Philips".    Its declaration class ends with line "</machine>".    You will need to delete everything from the first line in that declaration down to, and including, the terminating "</machine>".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 211 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Possible to delete a night of data & should I Plmnb 1 132 03-10-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,026 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Sudden incomplete data from AirSense 11 import geosyncline 0 609 02-21-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: geosyncline

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.