Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation
Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation
Hello! I've been using my CPAP since last June but only recently discovered the Apnea Board. I was initially diagnosed with an AHI of 15-16.

I'm a male
6'2
220 pounds

Treatment started off okay but it's wildly inconsistent. I'll have weeks where I feel "okay" and others where I just plain don't. Last night was my first night successfully recording OSCAR data so I figured I would post here in the hopes of some aid. You'll notice a large gap in the data - this is consistent behavior that I am looking to eliminate...waking up in the middle of the night.

My settings have been pretty consistent for some time with changes in pressure here and there. CPAP Mode, Fixed pressure of anywhere from 8-10 as I fiddled around with it over the past 8 months, EPR of 2.

I've attached an "overview" screenshot for the entire night and then 2 screenshots of the 2 minute time frame where I do wake up with multiple graphs. If there's any other information I can provide please let me know.

Excited to start this journey and I truly appreciate any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation
Found some inspiration from other threads and tried some new settings last night that presented some interesting data.

Autoset 
Min 7 
Max 12 
EPR 2

A stark increase in CA events from the previous night. Had to get up to use the bathroom a couple times and I just couldn't keep the mask on after the second time...very uncomfortable and felt like I was suffocating. I did tighten my mask a bit last night as well because the strap is a bit worn out so maybe that has to do with it?

Any help in interpreting these charts is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation
Try increasing your pressure min to 8.4 cmH2O.

Take a few days to let it settle in, then report back with OSCAR Reports.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 99 2,958 6 hours ago
Last Post: Quitethe1
  ResMed S11 Auto-Start inconsistent Cam12 0 50 10 hours ago
Last Post: Cam12
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 282 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 129 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 318 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 127 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 151 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.