Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mouthbreather, can you help to interprete?
mouthbreather, can you help to interprete?
Hi,
I am "snorkeling" now more than 6 month, but still have some "leckage" problems and it is very hard for me to interprete this leckages.
Maybe you can help?
I am taping now since month and have been in Iran now for the last 2 weeks, where I did NOT tape and had simular results(or even better results, when not taping)
Here is one SL-Screen without (NO) taping in Iran (it is representive for all 2 weeks):
https://imgur.com/a/RheMN
Here are the SL-Data from tonight, with Tape:
https://imgur.com/a/koY0b
Closer Part (1h) of tonight:
https://imgur.com/a/Snzdq
I think, that this lecks are from mouthbreathing, because tonight at about 4:30 am I realised that my mouth was litte open, althrough I was taped. But why do I mouthbreath when sleeping more than 95% a night, without mouth breathing? Yes, i turn a lot during the night from side to side, but if it is from position, I should have much more lecks...
I am using Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and Respironics Dreamwear under the nose mask. (I used FF mask before, but prefer nose masks)
Can you interprete this?
Thanks a lot, Christian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mouthbreather, can you help to interprete?
Your leaks really do not look all that bad. I would not be that concerned with leaks like those. Also I would not stress over trying to eliminate them. If the leaks become greater it could possibly mean your mask straps are loosening up due to age or the mask seal (pillows) is not as pliable as it once was and may need replacing.

I wear a chin strap and still experience high leaks.

[Image: LMYRqRq.png]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with AlanE. Also you might want to bump your pressure up 1cm. Only if you want to drop your AHI down a little more.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Christian, I agree with Allan's assessment that the leaks appear to come from minor mouth leaks, but they are of short duration and magnitude. It would be nice to resolve these, but the machine appears to maintain control. When leaks are high enough to cause the height of the Flow Rate chart to be reduced, that is a more serious leak.

I notice you have a number of obstructive events. While acceptable, I think that with EPR 3 and minimum pressure of 12, your minimum EPAP of 9.0 cm is not stopping some of these events. I think you could use an added 1-cm of EPAP pressure. This could either be a higher minimum pressure or EPR at 2, whichever is more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear all,
thank you all very much for your rating/responses. I appreciate that very much.
@sleeprider: thank you, I will reduce the EPR to 2 this night and see what happens...
Good to have some expierenced guys like you Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mouthbreather narrow FFM? simanco 6 1,976 11-08-2021, 06:28 AM
Last Post: onlyconnect
  Mouthbreather, Taping Security item christian4870 1 968 11-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Last Post: silversnore
  A mouthbreather's game changer enabling use of the P10 2SleepBetta 17 3,466 03-30-2017, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Marillion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.