Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increase in Events per hour
I have been on my ASV therapy for the past 7 mos. Within the past month I have developed slurred speech, swallowing difficulties and loss of appetite. Very recently I have noticed quite a rise with my events per hour. I was inquiring whether anyone else has had this same situation and whether there is a direct correlation with these symptoms and an increase with their events per hour?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you gone to a Doctor? Those are serious conditions they you need to get checked!
Post Reply Post Reply
With slurred speech you need to be seen ASAP
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)Dennisl27 Wrote: I have been on my ASV therapy for the past 7 mos. Within the past month I have developed slurred speech, swallowing difficulties and loss of appetite. Very recently I have noticed quite a rise with my events per hour. I was inquiring whether anyone else has had this same situation and whether there is a direct correlation with these symptoms and an increase with their events per hour?

Let's take a look at your therapy and figure out if we need to look at the ASV, or maybe something else. Please download the free SleepyHead software, and  take a look at the first two links in my signature on how to post the charts.  We can very quickly identify problems, offer suggestions, or even refer you back to the doctor.  Without looking at your settings and results, it gets a lot harder.  

It is possible to make matters worse with ASV, but we really need to know where you're at in terms of settings and therapy. We need to know your therapy mode, minimum and maximum EPAP, Maximum IPAP and pressure support range, to even begin to guess what might be going on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OA - are the events ever false positive?? rbookman 2 89 10-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Why is this not tagged? [CA events] mltam 6 175 10-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events] BlueJay22 6 266 09-27-2017, 01:46 PM
  [CPAP] New user, still having severe apnea except for one hour? mutantlog 7 241 09-27-2017, 08:16 AM
  Ahi still 2-3.5, increase pressure? Kryogen 8 294 09-15-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Breathing Events Affect Sleep Onset Unison 9 296 09-10-2017, 02:55 AM
Last Post: SnoringInOregon
  [CPAP] Sudden Increase in Pressure CPAPGuy 3 402 09-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: CPAPGuy