Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increase in PS or EPAP for reduced thinning flow rate graph
RE: Increase in PS or EPAP for reduced thinning flow rate graph
(04-13-2019, 01:35 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Michael, you were using Sleepyhead software before, so your old SD card data should be in the backup.  In Windows, Sleepyhead stores data in My Documents under a Sleepyhead directory. The name may vary depending the version you are using. Find the data folder and look under Profiles and your user name and the machine (My Documents/Sleepyhead Data/Profiles/Michael6/Resmed_xxxxx/Backup). That backup folder is the last image of your SD card. You can copy it to any SD card or mount it as a virtual SD Drive and import the data to Sleepyhead. You should see all the years of Datalog, Events and Summaries.  Also in that folder are any screenshots you previously saved.

As far as your nap data, I will stand with my previous recommendation to increase PS and decrease EPAP.

My laptop was completely wiped out and I do not have any previous information anymore
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2019, 02:05 AM)ajack Wrote: You may find that deep sleep stage has the small thickness and rem has the larger or spiky. I hardly ever say this, because most people under pressure.  Sleepride said about reducing epap. You might try dropping down in pressure to 9 and PS4. See if the med, 95% and max still stay very close or if there is a bit more movement. Were you titrated on epap10 and would explain it? If you aren't over pressure, I like to have my Med and 95% close.

You can adjust tidal if you want to. start slow and stop with any discomfort, but finish up with it on epap 10, min PS10, rise time 150 and min Ti 1.1 for an hour and see the result. You would have to look up the suggested tidal volume for your height, but with minute vent 6.5, breath rate 15 and tidal 420, it may be an option, not urgency and are within normal range

I was never titrated at a sleep center. I was just experimenting when I set EPAP to 10. I will reduce EPAP as you guys suggested and see how that goes. The tidal volume is normally 380 or so and just happened to be 420 on this nap so I will increase PS to 5 and see.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
So I've been using PS of 5 and EPAP min of 8 for 4 nights in a row now and my tidal volume ranges between 380-400 (MAX) and averaging about 5-6 hours of sleep a night although I wake up atleast once or twice a night. I still feel pretty tired. I wish my sleep can be without fragments. I still feel like my tidal volume is low my my height and weight and minute volume max is about 6. I'm having random arousals when my flow chart is going smoothly and all of a sudden it turns into an arousal. I did not wear my SPO2 for all nights but my SPO2 always dips in the mid 80's for a minute or 2.

I really feel like I'm one of those people where AHI does not paint the real picture.

Please offer any feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
You certainly tolerate the pressure support well and it has helped tidal volume. If you are comfortable with it, you can try higher PS (5.4) and see where that takes you. Your breathing waveform looks nearly ideal, however there is a small upward tick in pressure ahead of inspiration. What is your current trigger sensitivity?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider. 

Can you explain what you mean by upward tick?

My trigger sensitivity is at very high (helps avoid the centrals that I get on the medium trigger setting) and my cycle is set to medium
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 0 9 24 minutes ago
Last Post: Daveman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 6 212 32 minutes ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 236 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 299 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,409 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 109 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 114 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.