Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increase pressure on Resmed air curve 10 vauto?
Increase pressure on Resmed air curve 10 vauto?
Been on machine for a month. Study showed ahi 54.8. Doctor set machine for 13/8 after sleep study. First day started at ahi 6.0.....last 30 days range 5.1 to 5.4. ...still feel very fatigued. 
Can't get sleepyhead downloaded yet...to old to figue it out. Will adjustment up or down get me lower than 5.0 ?  See sleep Doctor n a few weeks...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increase pressure on Resmed air curve 10 vauto?
It would be better to wait and get assistance here for setting up SleepyHead.

I think it unwise to be randomly making adjustments. SleepyHead will allow the knowledgeable people here help you get set up properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10, this is the link you want:
[url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./download.php?mirror=random&platform=win]SleepyHead for Windows[/url]

If you use MacOSX 10.7 or more recent: [url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./download.php?mirror=random&platform=mac]SleepyHead for MacOSX[/url]

I'm sure someone that can help you will be along soon. I know it is very hard to get this all set up (it was for me too), but it is worth it! And there are people here to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is not uncommon to feel tired despite being a few weeks or even a few months into initiating therapy for some.

Most of us reckon we probably have been suffering for quite a long while before realisation that it is sleep apnea which has been wrecking our waking hours. So there is this sleep debt we have to recover from. I have seen MRI scans of memory glands pre-treatment which appear emaciated and shrunken but these self same glands are fuller just 3-6 months after therapy. So PAP does work.

As Kiwi has noted, as soon as you can summon the energy, down sleepyhead and publish the data here and before long you will get the help you need to dial in pressures suitable to you.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Timrtomr, I just looked at your other threads. Sorry, I should have done that to start with.

Is your computer Windows, or Mac?

The links I listed above are for the download files themselves. Just click on the one that matches your computer operating system and a dialogue box will come up. Save the file to your computer, and notice where it will be placed (or direct it to be placed where you want it).

Are you able to get that far? Let us know, so we can help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 04:21 PM)kiwii Wrote: If you use Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10, this is the link you want:
[url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./download.php?mirror=random&platform=win]SleepyHead for Windows[/url]

If you use MacOSX 10.7 or more recent: [url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./download.php?mirror=random&platform=mac]SleepyHead for MacOSX[/url]

I'm sure someone that can help you will be along soon. I know it is very hard to get this all set up (it was for me too), but it is worth it! And there are people here to help.

Where are you getting those links?  Just use #Sleepyhead which is hosted by the Sleepfiles part of Apnea Board. It is linked at the top of every page here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 03:52 PM)Timrtomr Wrote: Been on machine for a month. Study showed ahi 54.8. Doctor set machine for 13/8 after sleep study. First day started at ahi 6.0.....last 30 days range 5.1 to 5.4. ...still feel very fatigued. 
Can't get sleepyhead downloaded yet...to old to figue it out. Will adjustment up or down get me lower than 5.0 ?  See sleep Doctor n a few weeks...

The aircurve 10 Vauto is the same machine I have.  In addition to downloading and using #Sleepyhead, you can read the sleep report on your machine's screen.

Your machine is most likely set to "Essentials ON" which is a summary report. If you enter the clinical settings (control knob + home screen) and scroll down to Essentials, you can change Essentials from ON to PLUS.  This will provide a detailed report.  We really need to know your settings (mode, EPAP min, EPAP max, Pressure Support) and your apnea results (AHI, OAI, CAI, HAI) to be able to help.  

Take a look at the Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...sleepyhead 
This provides a detailed discussion of how to install and use the program. It is our best chance to really help you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 05:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(03-29-2018, 04:21 PM)kiwii Wrote: If you use Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10, this is the link you want:

Where are you getting those links?  Just use [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] which is hosted by the Sleepfiles part of Apnea Board.  It is linked at the top of every page here.

They are from the SleepyHead website at jedimark.net.

Sorry, didn't realize they are hosted here too.

edit: Oh! Your link is to the same site. I only gave the direct link because he is having trouble downloading it (so he wouldn't have to figure out which one of several links to go for).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 82 9 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 995 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 101 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 133 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 156 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,368 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.