Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increased AHI switching from F20 full face mask to N30i - how can I fix this?
Increased AHI switching from F20 full face mask to N30i - how can I fix this?
So I recently decided to try and change my mask from an F20 to a n30i (I was having large leak rates with the f20). I slept with the n30i last night and my AHI was 8.49 - my AHI normally is 1-3 on the CPAP with the F20. At one point in the night I had up to 30 AHI which is insane.. I have no idea how it could be this high - my sleep test indicated my AHI without a CPAP is like 7-9. I had my pressure settings on lowest of 8 and highest of 20. I do have the Oscar results but not sure what info would be useful. Any help would be really appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increased AHI switching from F20 full face mask to N30i - how can I fix this?
We need Oscar charts for that night to know anything for sure. But positional apnea can happen one night and not the next.  It is caused by chin tucking where your chin drops to your Sternum cutting off your own airway. 

One night you sleep in a position that cuts off your airway and the next night you don’t. Again, if you can post Oscar from that night we can tell
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increased AHI switching from F20 full face mask to N30i - how can I fix this?
The most useful info is the Daily page. Use F12, or View/Take Screenshot, to capture the screen, then post the image as an attachment to a post here. See instructions on how to attach charts to your post in the links below.

AHI has meaning only over a full sleep period. AHI is calculated as # events/# hours of machine use. For example, if you have two events but have used the machine only 5 minutes, the AHI calculation will be 2 / 0.08 hours for a calculated AHI of 24. AHI calculations for short sessions are relatively meaningless. The Daily page will help us understand what is happening.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
We need Oscar charts for that night to know anything for sure. But positional apnea can happen one night and not the next.  It is caused by chin tucking where your chin drops to your Sternum cutting off your own airway. 

One night you sleep in a position that cuts off your airway and the next night you don’t. Again, if you can post Oscar from that night we can tell

(03-03-2022, 02:27 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: The most useful info is the Daily page. Use F12, or View/Take Screenshot, to capture the screen, then post the image as an attachment to a post here. See instructions on how to attach charts to your post in the links below.

AHI has meaning only over a full sleep period. AHI is calculated as # events/# hours of machine use. For example, if you have two events but have used the machine only 5 minutes, the AHI calculation will be 2 / 0.08 hours for a calculated AHI of 24. AHI calculations for short sessions are relatively meaningless. The Daily page will help us understand what is happening.

Got it. So I attached 4 screenshots of last night with the N30i pillow/nose mask (labelled cpap 1-4) and one screenshot of a night a few weeks ago that I'd consider a "normal" night with the F20 facemask.[attachment=40393][attachment=40394][attachment=40395]

Sorry seems like the attachments aren't working.. is IMGUR ok? https://imgur.com/a/Yh5DH2T

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.