Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increased AHI with C-Flex +
RE: Increased AHI with C-Flex +
(05-03-2012, 09:12 PM)Jenny Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 04:00 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Jenny, is that reduction in AHI due mostly to a reduction in CA's?

You know, I have no idea.

That's ok. I was just curious. It really wouldn't matter as it's such a small change.

Quote:I would mention, though, that though I feel a lot better than I did before CPAP, I feel a little strange in the morning and wonder why this is. I wonder if I was actually able to see the data, if that would explain why (you all could tell me what it means).

I doubt that seeing the data would explain this. I think it's just a normal part of the process of adapting and acclimating. First, your body is adjusting to a lack of apneas. It's freaking out because it doesn't have to keep waking you up to breathe anymore. And secondly, you have to adjust to sleeping with a hose-full of pressurized air in your face.

These adjustments take time. At least they do for me. I've been on CPAP therapy for six months now and I'm still noticing improvements and adjustments.

For example, we are now approaching finals week. I have lots of tests to grade, lots of anxious students wondering if they're going to pass or get the grade they want. It's a stressful time. It's hard for me to keep track of the tests I'm authoring so I can give them tomorrow, the tests I have to grade, where I've put the answer keys, where I've put the graded tests, and so on. It's a bit overwhelming, confusing, and frustrating. I've always had a hard time sorting it all out. This semester, for the first time in many many years, those feelings are not overwhelming. I can keep track of what I'm doing, what I've done, what I've got left to do, when I'll be able to do it, and so on.

CPAP therapy is a wonderful thing.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleepster. Interestingly, I just googled around and found a sleep apnea thread where there is evidence that increased REM causes anxiety! Unfortunately that was where it basically stopped. If anyone can find further studies regarding this, that would be wonderful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2012, 02:25 PM)Jenny Wrote: Interestingly, I just googled around and found a sleep apnea thread where there is evidence that increased REM causes anxiety!

Not sure about which is the cause and which is the effect. We're not sure just what it is that dreaming does for us, but there's evidence that we're practicing newly learned skills in our minds. Ever since I heard of that theory from a PBS show about rats in training to learn mazes, I've noticed that when I learn a new skill, and then go to use it the next day, it feels more natural, like I've been practicing in my sleep.

So, it could just be that when we are trying to wrap our minds around new ideas and events, it causes some anxiety and it causes us to dream. Thus, we see an increase in REM sleep along with an increase in anxiety. Both may be caused by something going on in our lives that troubles us.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 411 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 402 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  Increased RERAs Uzupan 0 364 08-22-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] Switched from nose mask to full face and AHI has increased touwmus 23 1,956 07-02-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: touwmus
Question Ozempic and increased hypopneas arpegio 2 706 06-11-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Therapy Advise Switched to Full Face Mask AHI increased Roamomo 6 947 05-30-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: paulryan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.